Windows 10: moving a game license from my account to my daughters

Discus and support moving a game license from my account to my daughters in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Is it possible to move a microsoft store game from my user account to my daughters? I have just installed a game (sea of thieves PC) and happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BjörnJR, May 1, 2019.

1. BjörnJR Win User

moving a game license from my account to my daughters

Hi,

Is it possible to move a microsoft store game from my user account to my daughters? I have just installed a game (sea of thieves PC) and happened to use my own profile while installing it. So now the game is tied to my account instead of my daughters which is inconvenient. We belong to the same microsoft family.

Best regards,

Bjorn

:)

BjörnJR, May 1, 2019
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Blocking an owned app from our daughter

Thank you for getting back to us Jordan.

We suggest you the following method provided below to block application and games using Family Safety.

Method 1

• Look for the user account of your daughter.
    • Click the following:
      • For Games: Game restriction and click Game list to choose
        Allow, Block or Use game rating.
      • For Application: App restrictions to choose Allow,
        Block or Use game rating.
    Method 2

After blocking Apps/Games on your daughter's account. You need to check that Family Safety is set as On.

• Press Windows key+X and click Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts and select Family Safety.
    • Choose the account of your daughter to enable parental controls.
    • From there you need to check for the following
      • Family Safety - On, enforce current settings
      • Activity Reporting - On, collect information about PC usage.

The image below is only an example that you may see and set up for your daughter's user account.

moving a game license from my account to my daughters 4370d1c4-e907-4d5a-b44a-be38270ee1f8.jpg
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, May 1, 2019
  3. How to change restrictions on my daughters account so she can purchase games ..

Hi how do I change the restrictions on my daughters account so she can purchase games on the Xbox one S?

Moved from: Outlook.com / Security, privacy, and accounts / Other

molzdowney, May 1, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. moving a game license from my account to my daughters - Similar Threads - moving game license

2. Unable to authorize my daughter's account from mine for a new Asus chromebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to authorize my daughter's account from mine for a new Asus chromebook: Hi, I bought a new Asus Chromebook for my daughter and created an account for her and linked my account as gaurdian account. After that, I have not been able to sign in into the laptop at all. Even if multiple times I sign in to my parent account on outlook to give permission...
  3. How to de-link my OneDrive from my daughter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to de-link my OneDrive from my daughter?: I was providing my daughter a lot of extensive Excel training remotely. I created a large number of files for different purposes that we worked on almost daily.Due to the volume of work, I shared my OneDrive with her versus file by file invitations. I shared my full OneDrive...
  4. How to de-link my OneDrive from my daughter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to de-link my OneDrive from my daughter?: I was providing my daughter a lot of extensive Excel training remotely. I created a large number of files for different purposes that we worked on almost daily.Due to the volume of work, I shared my OneDrive with her versus file by file invitations. I shared my full OneDrive...
  5. How to de-link my OneDrive from my daughter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I remove link from my daughter's account to my local admin account: I signed into the xbox console companion app to change my daughter's gamertag. Now her account is somehow linked to my local account.When I go to winkey => settings => Your info, I see my local account name with her email address listed below it.When I try to go to Firefox,...
  7. My daughters laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My daughters laptop: What’s is the point of Hp selling a laptop that doesn’t have enough storage to update windows 10. I have deleted everything not needed to run it has no pictures, videos , music, games ,apps it came with Microsoft office but had to delete to try make room for update. It...
  8. I Downloaded A Game On My Daughter's Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Downloaded A Game On My Daughter's Account: Hello, I accidentally bought Cuphead on my daughter's account instead of my own. I got it on my PC Windows 10. I tried to sign into my daughter's account on the Microsoft Store app but it would not work. It says the account does not exist. Could I either get a refund and...
  9. Microsoft Account for my daughter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account for my daughter: I've recently bought my daughter a new windows 10 laptop. setting up the laptop its asking me for a microsoft account. She has her school account which i beleive is linked to microsoft but it says its not a microsoft account. i don't want to sign in using my account in case...
  10. How to move my license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move my license: Hi I purchased a Windows 10 Home license in a store (so it has a key). Later I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. Now I want to move the license to another computer, I have tried using the key I got with Home, but that doesn't work. I have installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer games from microsoft account pc