Windows 10: Moving a license key between 2 laptops

Discus and support Moving a license key between 2 laptops in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today I got 2 new Lenovo laptops, one came with preinstalled Windows 11 Home with a license key, second one didn't have any system installed on it so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Franciszek Balcerak, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Moving a license key between 2 laptops

Today I got 2 new Lenovo laptops, one came with preinstalled Windows 11 Home with a license key, second one didn't have any system installed on it so I installed Windows 11 Home manually on it, without any key. I then proceed to first log the license key for the first laptop via launching the command prompt as admin and then executing `wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey` in it. I saved the key, then executed in order `slmgr /upk` and `slmgr /cpky`. At that point, executing the `wmic` command still gave me the activation key as if nothing has ever happened, altho

:)

Franciszek Balcerak, Sep 2, 2022

2. 2 Questions - Installing Windows on a New Laptop and Changing the Username on Startup

Windows 10 licensing has nothing to do with your email address or user name.

You can only use the license (product key) to activate on one computer only.

Its not a subscription. If you want to have Windows 10 installed on more than one computer, you need to purchase and use a use a unique product key for each computer it installed on.

If you want to move the license from one computer to another, you must remove it from the previous computer it was installed on and you need to use chat support to reactivate.

Step 1:

Step 2: Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Sep 2, 2022
  3. Hkcuong Win User
    Core 2 Duo for laptop CQ40-314TU

I have found something about CPU Upgrade on the Intel's Website, the manufacturer of my laptop's chipset (GM45 Chipset). Currently, the CPU which this laptop is using (Dual Core T3400) is NOT in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=35509
    The laptop's chipset also support Core 2 Extreme Technology, which I think the latest CPU Technology.
    I have another laptop called Acer Aspire 5572ANWXMi that is using the chipset 945GM which support the T7600 (like you suggested) and it is in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=22816

Hkcuong, Sep 2, 2022
  4. myagkov-a Win User

Moving a license key between 2 laptops

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Sep 2, 2022
Thema:

Moving a license key between 2 laptops

1. Moving a license key between 2 laptops - Similar Threads - Moving license key

2. Moving a license key between 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving a license key between 2 laptops: Today I got 2 new Lenovo laptops, one came with preinstalled Windows 11 Home with a license key, second one didn't have any system installed on it so I installed Windows 11 Home manually on it, without any key. I then proceed to first log the license key for the first laptop...
  3. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  4. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  5. switching licenses between two laptops

6. Moving Windows licenses between two computers

Moving Windows licenses between two computers: I am wondering if it is possible to transfer a Windows 10 Pro license that I purchased as an upgrade to an OEM Windows license to another computer with a Windows 11 OEM Home version. Then move the Home version to the computer currently running Pro. On both computers the...
  7. Moving Windows licenses between two computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows licenses between two computers: I am wondering if it is possible to transfer a Windows 10 Pro license that I purchased as an upgrade to an OEM Windows license to another computer with a Windows 11 OEM Home version. Then move the Home version to the computer currently running Pro. On both computers the...
  8. Moving Windows licenses between two computers

9. exchange windows 10 home / pro licenses between 2 laptops

exchange windows 10 home / pro licenses between 2 laptops: Dear all, I have 2 different laptops with 2 different Windows 10 licenses: - Laptop A old with Win 10 Professional - Laptop B new with Win 10 Home SL and both licenses are digital licenses on my MS account. Now, I want to exchange these licenses between the 2 laptops...
  10. Moving a Windows 10 license key

Moving a Windows 10 license key: Greetings, I'm just finishing up building a new pc to replace one that had been dying on me, and am wanting to transfer my license to it. I originally hoped that my old pc would survive until I was able to finish my new one, but unfortunately it totally died on me today. So...