Windows 10: Moving a Win 10 license to a replacement machoine

Discus and support Moving a Win 10 license to a replacement machoine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My current laptop is developing hardware problems. I have another laptop that is identical for all intents and purposes. I want to move the hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobertHelm1, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Moving a Win 10 license to a replacement machoine

My current laptop is developing hardware problems. I have another laptop that is identical for all intents and purposes. I want to move the hard drive from my current machine to the replacement. Will the activation move to the replacement?

Thanks,

Bob

:)

RobertHelm1, Mar 28, 2019
  2. LaytonJnr Win User

How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

AFAIK, OEM licenses will have a Product ID that usually contain "OEM" within it - it can be found under Control Panel > System > Windows Activation (usually).

Layton

LaytonJnr, Mar 28, 2019
  3. endeavor Win User
    Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Mar 28, 2019
  4. KGR_656 Win User

Moving a Win 10 license to a replacement machoine

Move Win 10 Pro license

A while ago I purchased a Win 10 Pro upgrade license from the Win store (I have the order number) which I loaded on a Win 10 Home machine. Now I would like to move only the Pro part to a new Win 10 Home machine leaving the original machine with a Win 10
    Home license and my new computer with a Pro license. Of course both computers have OEM licenses, no product number stickers, and I have no install disks.

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks

KGR_656, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Moving a Win 10 license to a replacement machoine

1. Moving a Win 10 license to a replacement machoine - Similar Threads - Moving license replacement

2. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop: Hello, I have an older laptop that is running Win 10 Pro the PRO part was an upgrade to Win 10 home purchased on Windows store. The laptop is not feeling well and I believe it is time to replace it. Will I be able to move the PRO license from the old laptop to the new laptop...
  3. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop: Hello, I have an older laptop that is running Win 10 Pro the PRO part was an upgrade to Win 10 home purchased on Windows store. The laptop is not feeling well and I believe it is time to replace it. Will I be able to move the PRO license from the old laptop to the new laptop...
  4. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Moving a Win Pro license to another account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving a Win Pro license to another account: My church bought a PC with Win10 Home on it for use in its sanctuary. They then wanted to upgrade it to Win10 Pro, so I purchased the upgrade using my own personal MSFT account. I'd now like to move this license over to an account that the church owns so that its IT staff...
  6. Moving OEM license key for SSD replacement

Moving OEM license key for SSD replacement: Hi all, I have an old Dell XPS laptop with what appears to be an OEM Windows 10 key that came bound to the laptop. The laptop itself has a smaller SSD, and I've recently acquired a larger SSD that I'd like to replace the old one with. If possible, I'd like to use a system...
  7. Win 10 license

Win 10 license: Hi, I have recently updated my motherboard and after that I am asked to activate my windows license because Microsoft doesnt recognise my hardware anymore. Trying to give it my microsoft account didnt help. Therefore, I built in my old motherboard again and wanted to...
  8. Win 10 license

Win 10 license: I purchased a used Desktop on eBay. The computer has a Microsoft sticker with product key on it. Can I use that product key to install windows, or in other words does the license transfer with the computer, or do i need to purchase a product key because the sticker is only...
  9. Moving a windows home license to a laptop that had the MOBO replaced

Moving a windows home license to a laptop that had the MOBO replaced: I recently had a motherboard replaced on a laptop and after restoring Windows the OS does not activate. I am assuming because the installation was hardware locked and the new MOBO messed that up. Is there any way to fix the activation now that the MOBO has been replaced?...
  10. Replacing Win 10 with win 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing Win 10 with win 8.1: Hi, win 10 - 1803 has proven a big disappointment to me and I'm considering removing it entirely and doing a clean install of windows 8.1. If anyone could advise me on the viability (or not) of doing so I would really appreciate it. Are there any possible adverse consequences...