Windows 10: Moving a Win Pro license to another account

Discus and support Moving a Win Pro license to another account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My church bought a PC with Win10 Home on it for use in its sanctuary. They then wanted to upgrade it to Win10 Pro, so I purchased the upgrade using my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BillK13, Oct 26, 2020.

1. BillK13 Win User

Moving a Win Pro license to another account

My church bought a PC with Win10 Home on it for use in its sanctuary. They then wanted to upgrade it to Win10 Pro, so I purchased the upgrade using my own personal MSFT account. I'd now like to move this license over to an account that the church owns so that its IT staff can manage it without my involvement. Is this possible and if so, how does one do it?

:)

BillK13, Oct 26, 2020
  2. KGR_656 Win User

Move Win 10 Pro license

A while ago I purchased a Win 10 Pro upgrade license from the Win store (I have the order number) which I loaded on a Win 10 Home machine. Now I would like to move only the Pro part to a new Win 10 Home machine leaving the original machine with a Win 10
    Home license and my new computer with a Pro license. Of course both computers have OEM licenses, no product number stickers, and I have no install disks.

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks

KGR_656, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 26, 2020
  4. LaytonJnr Win User

How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

AFAIK, OEM licenses will have a Product ID that usually contain "OEM" within it - it can be found under Control Panel > System > Windows Activation (usually).

Layton

LaytonJnr, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Moving a Win Pro license to another account - Similar Threads - Moving Pro license

2. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop: Hello, I have an older laptop that is running Win 10 Pro the PRO part was an upgrade to Win 10 home purchased on Windows store. The laptop is not feeling well and I believe it is time to replace it. Will I be able to move the PRO license from the old laptop to the new laptop...
  3. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop: Hello, I have an older laptop that is running Win 10 Pro the PRO part was an upgrade to Win 10 home purchased on Windows store. The laptop is not feeling well and I believe it is time to replace it. Will I be able to move the PRO license from the old laptop to the new laptop...
  4. Move win 10 Pro license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Move upgrade license window 11 pro to another laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move upgrade license window 11 pro to another laptop.: I bought a new Zephyrus Duo 16. The Windows installed is Windows 11 Home. I also have Zephyrus Duo 15SE had been upgraded to Windows 11 Home and finally Windows 11 Pro. I purchase upgrading license by using my Microsoft account. Now, I am going to restore my Zephyrus 15SE to...
  6. Move upgrade license window 11 pro to another laptop.

Move upgrade license window 11 pro to another laptop.: I bought a new Zephyrus Duo 16. The Windows installed is Windows 11 Home. I also have Zephyrus Duo 15SE had been upgraded to Windows 11 Home and finally Windows 11 Pro. I purchase upgrading license by using my Microsoft account. Now, I am going to restore my Zephyrus 15SE to...
  7. Move my accounts to another PC Win 10 x64 pro 21H2

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Move my accounts to another PC Win 10 x64 pro 21H2: Hi,I have moved all my apps to another computer and I want the one I am on now to have the same sign in as the old one.How can I do this.The old one I sign in with a 4 number code which is the same as another on my LANoz...
  8. Move my accounts to another PC Win 10 x64 pro 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move my accounts to another PC Win 10 x64 pro 21H2: Hi,I have moved all my apps to another computer and I want the one I am on now to have the same sign in as the old one.How can I do this.The old one I sign in with a 4 number code which is the same as another on my LANoz...
  9. Move my accounts to another PC Win 10 x64 pro 21H2

10. moving preinstalled office license to another microsoft account

moving preinstalled office license to another microsoft account: Hello, I bought a new notebook for my sister with preinstalled office. She has no microsoft account so when the notebook boot for the first time and asked for microsoft account She was using mine. and we have activated the pre installed office using my account. How do i...