Windows 10: moving a window not working.

Discus and support moving a window not working. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This started to happen yesterday morning. When I try to move a window to another location on the screen, a yellow or red border appears on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Howard Lem (h.lem), Dec 10, 2019.

1. moving a window not working.

This started to happen yesterday morning. When I try to move a window to another location on the screen, a yellow or red border appears on my display(s). When I move the window and then release the mouse button, the windows resizes to the size on the display. How do I get this behaviour to stop. I don't remember changing any settings. (unless I typed the wrong keystrokes.)

Advance thx

(apologies if the Q is posted to the wrong topic.)

:)

Howard Lem (h.lem), Dec 10, 2019
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 10, 2019
  4. moving a window not working.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

moving a window not working.

1. moving a window not working. - Similar Threads - moving window working

2. Windows: How does the replace work when moving files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows: How does the replace work when moving files: Hello, When moving files with the same name, date, and size into the same location and the option to replace is selected how does windows replace the current file with the new one? Does it delete the current file saved in the folder then start to move the replacement...
  3. WIFI mouse (mouses?) not working. Cursor not moving.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI mouse (mouses?) not working. Cursor not moving.: Windows 10 Pro Insider Have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse and Logitech M510 that are installed. Both had been working. Now cursor does not move with either mouse. Wired mouses OK. With Logitech only, can click left or right depending on cursor placement moving cursor with...
  4. WIFI mouse (mouses?) not working. Cursor not moving.

in Windows 10 Support
    WIFI mouse (mouses?) not working. Cursor not moving.: Windows 10 Pro Insider Have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse and Logitech M510 that are installed. Both had been working. Now cursor does not move with either mouse. Wired mouses OK. With Logitech only, can click left or right depending on cursor placement moving cursor with...
  5. Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but...: Windows partially freezes & the mouse can move or work & click in the application but nowhere else & I have dual monitors with updated nvidea drivers. When I try to click on another screen, I can't. I then click control, alt, delete for task manager & it pops up and I click...
  6. Drag and Drop to move files not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and Drop to move files not working: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS build 17134.407). I was trying to move a folder to another folder. So I did the following: 1. I dragged the folder to be moved with mouse. 2. Pressed Alt+tab to switch to the target folder. 3. The...
  7. Moving Windows subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Windows subfolders: I know this might be a silly question to ask from someone who's new in computers and is still learning about the bells and whistles of a PC and how it works, so please forgive me :) 1. Is it possible to move anything inside the "Windows" folder (like system 32, system sub...
  8. Move working drive from defective computed to working computer. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move working drive from defective computed to working computer. Windows 10: moved a working hard drive from a lenova laptop to a compact desktop. Will not update Windows 10. Thinks the drive is a USB, but is connected to SATAll buss. Works fine othewise, but give me nag screens to updated at every start. How do I fix it without a clean install, which...
  9. Moving windows files

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving windows files: Hello , i have 2 partitions , C and D , C has 420GB , and D has 24.9 GB , windows folder size is 15GB , its located in C Drive , Can i change its Location to D ? so that if i want to make things like restore or whatever , Data on D get Deleted , and C stay same , is that...
  10. Synaptics Touchpad stops working or keeps moving itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics Touchpad stops working or keeps moving itself: I am using Windows 10 version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413) on HP Notebook 1000. And just for reference I have encountered this issue in previous versions of Windows 10 as well. Every time I clean install Windows 10 and update to install drivers, it will work fine for about 1-2...