Windows 10: moving a window not working.

Discus and support moving a window not working. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This started to happen yesterday morning. When I try to move a window to another location on the screen, a yellow or red border appears on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Howard Lem (h.lem), Dec 10, 2019.

1. moving a window not working.

This started to happen yesterday morning. When I try to move a window to another location on the screen, a yellow or red border appears on my display(s). When I move the window and then release the mouse button, the windows resizes to the size on the display. How do I get this behaviour to stop. I don't remember changing any settings. (unless I typed the wrong keystrokes.)

Advance thx

(apologies if the Q is posted to the wrong topic.)

:)

Howard Lem (h.lem), Dec 10, 2019
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 10, 2019
  4. moving a window not working.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

moving a window not working.

1. moving a window not working. - Similar Threads - moving window working

2. move file with powershell not working as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move file with powershell not working as expected: Probably someone can help meWe have a lot off different files in a directory. We want to move al files from a month and older than three days with a part of the name the same to another folder.When there are more files available thru the selection, than the files are moved to...
  3. move file with powershell not working as expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move file with powershell not working as expected: Probably someone can help meWe have a lot off different files in a directory. We want to move al files from a month and older than three days with a part of the name the same to another folder.When there are more files available thru the selection, than the files are moved to...
  4. Moving a window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving a window: Thi bugger comes when I try to move a windowCan this feature be turned off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-a-window/43f24dd2-4fd4-4aca-9e5b-2b03eb527f41
  5. Moving a window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving a window: Thi bugger comes when I try to move a windowCan this feature be turned off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-a-window/43f24dd2-4fd4-4aca-9e5b-2b03eb527f41
  6. Moving Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows: I have 3 different drives. 2 SSD drives, and an older HDD. My windows is installed on the 1TB HDD, and my games are spread out on HDD and SSD. My documents and program files are on my boot drive, I think. I have a second SSD, which is rendered pretty much useless due to its...
  7. Moving windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving windows: I have a dell 8920, which I moved to a new case and put a different psu and 2tb hdd in, and it has windows on a 16gb ssd and I bought a new 500gb ssd and I wanted to move windows to it, but the dell motherboard only has 1 slot for a m.2 ssd, and I wanted to know how I could...
  8. Page.sys move does not work?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page.sys move does not work?: Hello, I have on my SSD (drive E:) the file pagefile.sys wanted to move to the normal hard drive, as explained in many text/video guides. The problem now is, when I try to do this, I am told that the swap files etc. are on the C drive and not on the E drive, only this is not...
  9. Moving windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving windows: I have a copy of windows on a 1TB Hard drive and I want to move it to a 120GB ssd, that rules out cloning and my only other option is to move it via usb. How would i do this and will it keep my key? I had windows installed via a CD and both my sata cables are being used right...
  10. Drag and Drop to move files not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and Drop to move files not working: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS build 17134.407). I was trying to move a folder to another folder. So I did the following: 1. I dragged the folder to be moved with mouse. 2. Pressed Alt+tab to switch to the target folder. 3. The...