Windows 10: Moving activated Windows 10 Home from laptop to newly built PC

Discus and support Moving activated Windows 10 Home from laptop to newly built PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, Like the Subject says, I just built a new PC and have everything good to go, except I need to move from the Windows OS on my laptop which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SK417, Apr 6, 2021.

1. SK417 Win User

Moving activated Windows 10 Home from laptop to newly built PC

Hi all,

Like the Subject says, I just built a new PC and have everything good to go, except I need to move from the Windows OS on my laptop which is ready to die, to my new hardware. Looking to steps to take to just be able to install fresh. I'd like to just move the SSD, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that, and I'll have to make a repair disk or something like that to do an install with the new hardware. Experience tells me that it's never as easy as it should be, and I certainly don't think I should have to pay AGAIN for an install of Windows and let go of a perfectly functional one at the same time.

Thanks!

:)

SK417, Apr 6, 2021

2. Windows not Activating on my newly built PC

Hi Community,

I've been using an Intel Core i-5 4670K with an ASUS motherboard build for years (since 2013). Back then I was in university. The university portal gave the students access to official Microsoft products through their licence agreement with Microsoft. When
    Windows 10 officially launched in July 2015 I activated Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) on my Microsoft account through the key that I got from the university portal. Eversince I have been using this PC as my personal computer long after I graduated till now, November

As the years gone by my PC slowly started to struggle to keep up with the lateset games and programs. So I decided it was time to build a new PC. This took place yesterday. I built a Ryzen 7 3700X with an ASUS X570-PLUS motherboard. So basically moving over
    from years of using Intel to AMD.

The problem I'm now experiencing is that I cannot for the life of me seem to activate my Windows again on this newly built PC. I'm using the exact same Microsoft account. The message I get from the Microsoft Account tab is "Unable to activate Windows. We
    can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." and I also get an Error Code: 0xC004F213.

Can someone please assist me so that I can have my Windows active again on my new system like it was on my old one?

Kindest regards,

Marius

Marius Basson, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Macbeth Win User
    Macbeth, Apr 6, 2021
  4. CountMike Win User

CountMike, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Moving activated Windows 10 Home from laptop to newly built PC - Similar Threads - Moving activated Home

2. Windows 10 install from USB into newly built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install from USB into newly built PC: I recently finished building my PC and everything is running fine, when I turn it on it automatically opens up to the bios even when I have my USB in that has windows 10 downloaded onto it. All parts of the PC are coming up in the bios and everything seems like it should be...
  3. Windows 10 install from USB into newly built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install from USB into newly built PC: I recently finished building my PC and everything is running fine, when I turn it on it automatically opens up to the bios even when I have my USB in that has windows 10 downloaded onto it. All parts of the PC are coming up in the bios and everything seems like it should be...
  4. Windows 10 install from USB into newly built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Constant BSOD in newly built PC : Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD in newly built PC : Windows 10 home: Hey guys so I built a new PC and facing Constant BSOD : just today I got 9 BSOD here are the stop code of today. Kmode Exception Not Handled APC index mismatch DPC watchdog violation Driver IRQL not less or equal what failed: amdppm.sys please help me fix this : I...
  6. newly built pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  7. Windows not Activating on my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not Activating on my newly built PC: Hi Community, I've been using an Intel Core i-5 4670K with an ASUS motherboard build for years (since 2013). Back then I was in university. The university portal gave the students access to official Microsoft products through their licence agreement with Microsoft. When...
  8. moving the windows 10 home from laptop to pc

moving the windows 10 home from laptop to pc: hello everyone! i have a windows 10 home version ,installed on my laptop. But now i want to buy a desktop . so how can i use the windows 10 with product key, installed on my laptop to desktop? i will not use the same windows 10 in both device in short i want to move or...
  9. Newly built PC, can't activate windows.

Newly built PC, can't activate windows.: Hi all, Throughout this week I bought and built my new PC after the old one had mobo issues. I just finished installing Windows 10 on the new system but it won't let me activate. I fiddled around in my Microsoft account and though that removing the old PC(s) would help...
  10. Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC: I just finished building a new PC and all was working fine for a while until I went to install the OS. I used a USB that I put the ISO file on and when I turned on the computer, I received a bunch of error messages. First was error 0xc0000221, then 0xc0000098, then...