Windows 10: moving all mail and profiles

Discus and support moving all mail and profiles in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; trying to move all my old mail from old laptop with win7 that I used thunderbird on to new laptop with win10 and the mail client that came with it or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kgreer64, Jan 2, 2019.

1. kgreer64 Win User

moving all mail and profiles

trying to move all my old mail from old laptop with win7 that I used thunderbird on to new laptop with win10 and the mail client that came with it or to outlook. Could use any help at all.

:)

kgreer64, Jan 2, 2019

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jan 2, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done moving all mail and profiles :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. moving all mail and profiles :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. moving all mail and profiles - Similar Threads - moving mail profiles

2. Moving Windows Live Mail 2011 to "Mail"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows Live Mail 2011 to "Mail": I'm moving Windows 10 Live Mail 2011 files from my wife's old computer into another computer which has Mail that's in Windows 10. Is there a trick to it? I see no menu bar that says import, etc. Can someone give me easy steps to accomplish this? Thanks....
  3. Moving all user settings (and installs?) to new profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving all user settings (and installs?) to new profile: Hi all, I recently changed my name and don't really want to see my deadname in every user file path, however I'm aware that the only way to really fix that is to create a whole new user and pass everything over to them, which is fine for general files, but I was wondering if...
  4. Moving messages in Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Moving messages in Windows Mail: Windows 10 Home 20H2. When I right click on message I get context menu which includes 'Move'. When I highlight 'Move' this appears above it - 'Move this item to another folder' - but when I try to access this option it disappears. The same happens with all options on the...
  5. Move my c:/Users/{profile} to the D:/users/{profile}

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move my c:/Users/{profile} to the D:/users/{profile}: I have an SSD as the C: drive. and a large HDD as the D: drive. Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 I want to keep the stuff I do not use all the time off the SSD drive. I have two users Admin and {J} account. I want to move the working data for the {j} account to...
  6. Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook: I have recently installed Office365 for my mum on her computer. She previously used the Mail app and I have installed Outlook. However, she is complaining that her contacts are not there. I have downloaded the official contacts from her email system but there are some...
  7. Loop through all mail profiles using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loop through all mail profiles using powershell: Hi all, I have found a powershell script that loops through outlook registry key and searches for outlook profiles. I'm trying to find out if any users in the organization may have added any external mailboxes. This could either be in Outlook 2016 or older versions of...
  8. After update all programs and user profile moved to windows.old

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update all programs and user profile moved to windows.old: Not sure what happened and junior was on the PC. Have a desktop with fairly new pc, not used much and win10 home. Was going to add some video software so first created a system restore point. Something asked about an update but don't remember what it said and some one else...
  9. Move Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Windows Live Mail: I should know this. However, I need to get my Windows Live Mail off my old PC and put on new built PC. Both are running Windows 10, Build 14316. I've tried a simple Export Message but it exports the Folders with nothing in them. Had this before but can't remember. Pete...
  10. All Mail Vanished from all Mail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    All Mail Vanished from all Mail accounts: All mail and calendar events have vanished and will not sync. Seriously, WTF is going on at MS when they can't even make an email client? 26616