Windows 10: Moving an account to another user

Discus and support Moving an account to another user in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I rebuilt a computer for my girlfriend and I and when I loaded two new copies of windows 10 on each computer I used my account to set them up. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ApexPreadtor, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Moving an account to another user

I rebuilt a computer for my girlfriend and I and when I loaded two new copies of windows 10 on each computer I used my account to set them up. Is there a way I can move the windows key on her computer to her windows account after the fact?

:)

ApexPreadtor, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Moving an account to another user

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Moving an account to another user

1. Moving an account to another user - Similar Threads - Moving account another

2. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  3. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  4. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  6. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  7. Moving user profile to another drive

8. Another users is using this account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another users is using this account: Ok so I have a local account thier a couple of users on my pc that I only use. My gaming account and my main account but I had an issue with the users folders because it wasn't the name of my microsoft email address that I use for normal non gaming things. So I go to...
  9. How to move data from one user account to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move data from one user account to another?: How do I move all the programs and files from one user to another user on the same system? submitted by /u/samerium [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijpcft/how_to_move_data_from_one_user_account_to_another/
  10. Is there a way to move all my files to another user account?

Is there a way to move all my files to another user account?: Howdy! can you move all the installed programs, documents and other files from one Windows 10 user account to another or other? I was banned from my main account at Microsoft and can't play a game online so I made a second user and created a new Microsoft account where I can...