Windows 10: Moving an older program from another old computer to a new computer

Discus and support Moving an older program from another old computer to a new computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I move a program from one computer to another by using a flash drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DIM II, Feb 19, 2019.

1. DIM II Win User

Moving an older program from another old computer to a new computer

Can I move a program from one computer to another by using a flash drive?

:)

DIM II, Feb 19, 2019

2. Moving programs from old to new computer

I have recently purchased a new computer. THe old one has programs that I need for my College classes, how do I move them from the

old to the new computer. The old machine runs win 7 Ultimate the new machine runs windows 10.

Ineed to do this with little or no outlay of cash and between 22 Dec and 2 Jan of next year.

the old machine is on my Lan, and I could perhaps add the new, the new will be taking the place of the old in that LAN also

Thanks Tim

TImothy Crater, Feb 19, 2019
  3. LUVSITE Win User
    Migration from old computer to new computer

Will this also transfer programs as well as files? Can I transfer everything from my old computer to an external hard drive, then from the external hard drive to the new computer? I am looking for the best program to move everything from the old computer
    to the new computer

LUVSITE, Feb 19, 2019
  4. LUVSITE Win User

Migration from old computer to new computer

My old computer is dying and I am about to buy a new one. I am a 73 year old disabled vet with difficulties and I need a migration program that will transfer everything for me. I understand they will not transfer security programs. I prefer to move everything
    from the old computer to a backup external hard drive, then move everything from the external drive to the new computer. Can someone recommend the best migration program for this?

LUVSITE, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Moving an older program from another old computer to a new computer - Similar Threads - Moving older program

2. Moving installed programs to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving installed programs to another computer: Hi. I am using Oracle database XE 18c, Oracle APEX 21.1 and ORDS 22.2 on Windows 7 Professional.I've developed an app using the above mentioned tools. I always face a problem when deploying the app to another computer because it takes about an hour and half to get up and...
  3. Moving installed programs to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving installed programs to another computer: Hi. I am using Oracle database XE 18c, Oracle APEX 21.1 and ORDS 22.2 on Windows 7 Professional.I've developed an app using the above mentioned tools. I always face a problem when deploying the app to another computer because it takes about an hour and half to get up and...
  4. moving content from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving content from old to new computer: I have a very old DellOptiplex 360 desktop with windows 10 and am finally getting rid of it. I need to switch all my content over to my new Dell desktop. I forgot how to do this. I need to switch over outlook emails, all documents, all videos, all docs saved directly on my...
  5. Moving storage HDD from old computer to new

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving storage HDD from old computer to new: I built a new computer and want to move the storage HDD from the old one to the new one without having to redownload hundreds and hundreds of gigabytes of Microsoft Store games and apps. I was hoping when I logged into the Microsoft Store on the new computer with my old...
  6. Moving storage HDD from old computer to new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving storage HDD from old computer to new: I built a new computer and want to move the storage HDD from the old one to the new one without having to redownload hundreds and hundreds of gigabytes of Microsoft Store games and apps. I was hoping when I logged into the Microsoft Store on the new computer with my old...
  7. Move data drive from old computer into new

Move data drive from old computer into new: I am running a 2007 vintage self-built PC with a separate data drive (1tb hdd) and OS/program drive (SSD). I want to move the data hdd into a new computer I've built. Is it just as simple as unplugging/ dismounting from old and installing in new? Any advice is appreciated,...
  8. move windows live mail from old computer to new computer

move windows live mail from old computer to new computer: How do I move all my mail from one computer to another https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-live-mail-from-old-computer-to-new/46dc2d52-dca5-466b-86bf-b737d313cc2f"
  9. Moving win10 from old computer to new

Moving win10 from old computer to new: I'm upgrading from and old computer to a new build. Am I able to move the operating system to the new one without buying a brand new windows product key? I will not be using the old one whatsoever (just keeping the hard drives). Originally this was a windows 7 and I got the...
  10. moving old hdd to new computer

moving old hdd to new computer: I have an old computer with a bad motherboard that I am thinking about taking the hdd out of and reinstalling it in a new computer and duel booting between win7 and win10, my question is "can it be done"? 11745