Windows 10: Moving and editing Windows 7 pictures on my new W-10 machine

Discus and support Moving and editing Windows 7 pictures on my new W-10 machine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I moved the pictures on a thumb drive, and found them broken into files based on date, even though I never did that. Tried creating an album, and got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonaldDunlap, May 1, 2019.

1. Moving and editing Windows 7 pictures on my new W-10 machine

I moved the pictures on a thumb drive, and found them broken into files based on date, even though I never did that.

Tried creating an album, and got some pictures into it, but cannot name them, and it start editing without my authority.

Seems also after putting them into the album, I cannot delete them from the general unorganized mass of pictures without losing them

:)

DonaldDunlap, May 1, 2019
  2. Cyndera80 Win User

Cannot move desktop to a new location in Windows 7

I've been trying to move the desktop location on a machine that runs Windows 7.

On my own machine (Windows 10), there's a "Location" tab in the desktop properties.

That tab is missing on the machine that runs Windows 7.

I came across the suggestion below in other threads, but it is not working for me. Any other suggestions on how to change to location or how to get the location tab to show?

Thanks!

1. Open the Registry editor (Regedit.exe)
    2. Browse to the location:

HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders.
    3. In the right window pane select the required value (i.e. Desktop).
    4. Insert the new location for the folder to be stored.
    5. Close the registry editor and log off

--> Didn't work.

Cyndera80, May 1, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, May 1, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Moving and editing Windows 7 pictures on my new W-10 machine

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Moving and editing Windows 7 pictures on my new W-10 machine

1. Moving and editing Windows 7 pictures on my new W-10 machine - Similar Threads - Moving editing pictures

2. Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .: Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. Is there an ap I can download that will tell me which software will work on 11, and which will not? I'd rather know ahead of time....
  3. Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .: Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. Is there an ap I can download that will tell me which software will work on 11, and which will not? I'd rather know ahead of time....
  4. What is wrong w/ my Windows 10 Machine HP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is wrong w/ my Windows 10 Machine HP: I'm flustered. My machine is jerky and stalls. Slows down. The mouse spins and spins and the page stops scrolling. All kinds of problems. I thought it was the internet and called the provider RCN, sent them my internet speed report, they said everything was fine.So that...
  5. What is wrong w/ my Windows 10 Machine HP

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is wrong w/ my Windows 10 Machine HP: I'm flustered. My machine is jerky and stalls. Slows down. The mouse spins and spins and the page stops scrolling. All kinds of problems. I thought it was the internet and called the provider RCN, sent them my internet speed report, they said everything was fine.So that...
  6. Moving a Windows 10 M.2 drive to a new machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving a Windows 10 M.2 drive to a new machine: I have an Intel NUC 7i5 running Windows 10 (20H2 1042. 906) on an NVME M.2 drive. The NUC is over heating and shutting down periodically. I have replaced the fan and cleaned the cooling fins , but it still shutting down off and on. I'm fully backed with Acronis so I feel...
  7. Moving to New Machine

Moving to New Machine: Greetings, I hope you are all doing as well as possible in these tough times. I am moving to a new machine. I will have 2 installations of Windows on separate partitions. One will be day to day stuff and the other music. The day to day I will reinstall. That's simple....
  8. Upgrade w 7 to W 10

Upgrade w 7 to W 10: Hello, Cannot upgrade w 7 to w 10 getrs locked to infinite 0 does not move even after severasl hours akso try differently by placing the ESO on the desktop and uploading after, still the same result How can this work normally ? Please hlep Thank you...
  9. Moving Win 10 to a new machine

Moving Win 10 to a new machine: Hi, I have a question regarding installation of the Win 10 when I purchase new machine. I have older laptop (Sony) that I bought with Win 7 on it. I didn't get the disk, the OS was pre-installed. Last year I upgraded to Win 10 normally, but now I want to purchase new laptop...
  10. Moving Windows 10 Libraries to 2nd HD w/Win 7 on it

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Windows 10 Libraries to 2nd HD w/Win 7 on it: I have Windows 10 on my SSD & Windows 7 on a WD 1TB hard drive. I have not added anything to the hard drive since installing Windows 7. I want to move the Libraries on Windows 10 to the hard drive. Do I need to partition the drive to do this? If so, what size do I need? What...