Windows 10: Moving and/or backing up games from the Microsoft Store and making them work with a new...

Discus and support Moving and/or backing up games from the Microsoft Store and making them work with a new... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; - Currently I have Forza 7, Forza Horizon 3, and Forza Horizon 4 installed on my computer. - All of my games are installed on a separate drive (d:\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TingTang143, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Moving and/or backing up games from the Microsoft Store and making them work with a new...

- Currently I have Forza 7, Forza Horizon 3, and Forza Horizon 4 installed on my computer.

- All of my games are installed on a separate drive (d:\ in this case) from my primary boot drive.

- All of my reading leads me to believe that the only way to "back up" these games is to use the "move" function in settings/apps section of settings.

- Because all of my games are already off the primary partition I don't see a need to move them.

- If I delete my partition on c:\ and perform a clean install of Windows 10, how do I "re-associate" or "re-install" my games on d:\ without having to download them all again and go through the install process?

In short, if all my games are installed on d:\ and I do a clean install of Windows on c:\, how do I tell my new install where my games are so they'll work without having to download them all again?

I used to re-download everything when I did a new build but my new ISP has a data cap and I can't afford to burn the bandwidth.

Thanks very much in advance. I searched but couldn't find anything that adequately explained the solution to my problem.

:)

TingTang143, Nov 26, 2019

2. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Nov 26, 2019
  3. microsoft Solitaire games Wont load and can't download any new games from Store

Hi Mosey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problem with Microsoft Store Apps and games.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Do you receive any error message or code when you try to play the games or download games from Windows Store?
    • What happen when you try to play the Microsoft Solitaire collection games?
    • Do you face issue only while downloading games or even other apps from Windows Store?

Note: Basic information on Apps

• UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.
    • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least
      1024 x 768.
    • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
      1366 x 768.
    • Make sure video card driver is updated.
    • Make sure that Date and Time in your device is correct and up-to date.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Let us know if the above methods helps to fix the Store issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Moving and/or backing up games from the Microsoft Store and making them work with a new...

Microsoft Store Games

Hi Nhan,

For us to make sure that the failed download will be remove from your device, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the game on your device.

Click this link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Step 4: Reinstall the game again.

To make sure that all changes made will take effect. Here's the link on how.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Moving and/or backing up games from the Microsoft Store and making them work with a new...

1. Moving and/or backing up games from the Microsoft Store and making them work with a new... - Similar Threads - Moving backing games

2. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  3. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  4. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Requesting help from moving files and unable to move them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Requesting help from moving files and unable to move them back: Hello, so a while ago a accidentally synced a OneDrive account to my pc which I did not want, and then removed it. For some reason, it left my Desktop folder which is usually left in C:/Users/Username, but it was where my once-synced OneDrive was. So I went into properties...
  6. Cant move an installed game from Windows store to a new drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant move an installed game from Windows store to a new drive: Have an issue where I can move my Sea Of Thieves game to my SSD due to error code: 0x80070005. Was getting told "This folder has other apps from another device? Want yo delete them?" Clicking yes gives that error and states the operation couldn't be completed. I tried many...
  7. Games from Microsoft store not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games from Microsoft store not working.: Microsoft store is really a good app that is built in windows 10. But I have some issues with it. I recently installed Gardenscapes, which is my favorite game. But when I launched it, it crashes always and suddenly closes. I then run the Microsoft Store troubleshooter and...
  8. Restore backed up microsoft store games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore backed up microsoft store games.: Hi, I have seen that games from the windows store can be backed up to an external hard drive, but i can't find anywhere that says how to restore them. Can somebody help?...
  9. How to prevent Microsoft Store from moving game files?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to prevent Microsoft Store from moving game files?: I've been trying to play Phantasy Star Online 2. I did manage to play it yesterday but today when I was going to play it most of the game files were gone. After investigating a bit I found out they were actually moved to a folder called MutableBackup, it's a folder inside...
  10. Microsoft games from the game store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft games from the game store: After the update of whatever happened, I can't open any of my games on my computer. I play and paid for Microsoft solitaire collection, and every time I click to open it, it goes to a black screen. Yes, I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it 18 times, still nothing? help?...