Windows 10: Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another

Discus and support Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings Helpful Board, Y'all are awesome. Helped me in so many turns and twists along my 2.3 year journey from Mac to PC. I'd be dead in the water... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another

Greetings Helpful Board,

Y'all are awesome. Helped me in so many turns and twists along my 2.3 year journey from Mac to PC. I'd be dead in the water without you. I just Googled the following question but got nowhere.

My wife has two programs on a PC. A CAD program and Adobe Acrobat Reader. We just spent $200 on an expert guy to get those apps to work with each other in such a way to please a 19 year old HP printer. (Don't ask.) Anyway --

-- I now need to recreate the same situation on a different PC. Does Windows 10 store a preferences folder for each application? So that I could 1.) copy off of former PC and 2.) install onto the new PC?

Did that make sense in Windows 10 language? Or is there a Windows way to do this?

:)

The Pool Man, Feb 3, 2019

2. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another

1. Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another - Similar Threads - Moving Application settings

2. How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?: I'm currently in the process of setting up a laptop and I signed into the same Microsoft account that I use on my desktop computer. When I did, all of the files I have on my desktop appeared on the laptop as online files. Whenever I try to move these icons into a new location...
  3. How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?: I'm currently in the process of setting up a laptop and I signed into the same Microsoft account that I use on my desktop computer. When I did, all of the files I have on my desktop appeared on the laptop as online files. Whenever I try to move these icons into a new location...
  4. How to move programs from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move programs from one PC to another: Hi All, IT newb here. I have two identical hardware-wise PCs that I need to setup for two people. I've setup all the programs in Computer A. My question is, what would be the best way to transfer all the programs/settings from Computer A to Computer B without losing...
  5. Moving pre-installed windows from one pc to another

Moving pre-installed windows from one pc to another: Hi, I've got hp 8300 computer that came with pre-installed windows 10 and I'm getting new computer that has clean wiped ssd with no OS. Can I move my hp windows license to new computer? Thanks...
  6. Move windows 10 from one PC to another

Move windows 10 from one PC to another: When I bought this PC it came with Windows 8, then I got the free upgrade to Windows 10. I am changing the PC now but I am not able to move the windows 10 to that new pc, is that not allowed? I tried entering the product key, it did not work, then I tried activating from...
  7. Moving SSD from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving SSD from one PC to another: I have 2 laptops of different brands with completely different hardware, both with Windows 10 Home. The first laptop had a 250GB SSD, and the second had a 1TB HDD. I upgraded the first laptop to a 500GB SSD, and put the 250GB SSD in the second instead of the 1TB HDD. So the...
  8. move programs and settings from one microsoft account to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    move programs and settings from one microsoft account to another: Hi my son "stole" my Microsoft account so I made a new one, but I want to move all programs and settings to mine, which I have made administrator....
  9. Q: Moving license from one PC to another

Q: Moving license from one PC to another: Details pls: 3 yrs ago I purchased Windows 8.1 Pro (Retail !) I reinstalled to have Windows 10 pro.Now I want buying a new PC. Can I move the license to the new PC? If not: Can I add an HDD, and change CPU? Thanks guys :-) 78312
  10. How to move a metro app from one PC to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move a metro app from one PC to another?: Hi, I'm trying to move a metro app from my old Windows 8.1 PC to my new Windows 10 PC. Before you say 'Just re-download it' I should point out that, for some reason, MS have not only pulled it from the store but it also doesn't appear on my list of apps that are available...