Windows 10: Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please!

Discus and support Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! My C drive is completely full and I can't use important apps I need to move some apps to D drive. I don't trust free 3rd party software and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenBrickwood, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please!

Hi!

My C drive is completely full and I can't use important apps

I need to move some apps to D drive.

I don't trust free 3rd party software and I can't find a tutorial to help me, please can someone advise me?

Thank you!

:)

BenBrickwood, Sep 16, 2020

2. How to move installed apps from one drive to another drive in Windows 10?

Hello,

As your concern is to move the apps from one drive to another drive, we will help you with this issue.

I recommend you to try the below steps to move the apps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings option.
    • Click on System, and on Apps & features to view all installed apps and their installation size.
    • Click on the app entry that you would like to move to a different drive to see
      Move and Uninstall options. Click Move
      button and then select a drive of your choice to move the app.

NOTE: When you click on a traditional desktop program or an app that came preinstalled with Windows 10, Windows 10 offers only Uninstall option and you can’t move desktop applications using this method.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 app saving to drives

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please!

Sd app saving MOVE option is grayed out it will not let me click on it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Is this specific to games?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please!

1. Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please! - Similar Threads - Moving Apps Between

2. Help with moving windows between monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with moving windows between monitors.: Pressing windows+shift+right/left arrow key has stopped working for me, and i have no idea why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-moving-windows-between-monitors/2e4a5ab8-1d1b-4497-a98a-fb5738a45fc2
  3. Help with moving windows between monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with moving windows between monitors.: Pressing windows+shift+right/left arrow key has stopped working for me, and i have no idea why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-moving-windows-between-monitors/2e4a5ab8-1d1b-4497-a98a-fb5738a45fc2
  4. General Venting - Move OS between drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    General Venting - Move OS between drives: Desktop PC's live in a world of change and expansion. Here we are at Windows 11 and Microsoft still has not provided a way to migrate the OS from one drive to another without either cloning the entire drive image or reinstalling from scratch which means now all 60+ programs...
  5. Why can't I move apps between drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I move apps between drives?: I recently set myself up a second hard drive as I needed to free up my C drive before it got too crowded to run windows. I've done all the set up, and I can see both drives in my pc, however when I try and move apps through the 'Apps and features' part of windows, I get two...
  6. Why can't I move apps between drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I move apps between drives?: I recently set myself up a second hard drive as I needed to free up my C drive before it got too crowded to run windows. I've done all the set up, and I can see both drives in my pc, however when I try and move apps through the 'Apps and features' part of windows, I get two...
  7. Why can't I move apps between drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. moving files between to drives

moving files between to drives: How can I show two file folders and move files between them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-files-between-to-drives/533348dd-18dc-4584-8eea-3bc909c496ef"
  9. Can Apps/Programs be moved between drives?

Can Apps/Programs be moved between drives?: Without paying attention, I went and filled my main drive (C:) before realizing I had a secondary drive that was empty. Is it possible to simply move large apps or programs from one drive to the other or do I need to uninstall/reinstall them?...
  10. Windows apps moved between screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows apps moved between screens: Hi Guys, I have a new ACER laptop and since I have started using it I have noticed very weird thing with Windows 10 (1809 but it happened on previous version as well). I have additional 27" monitor connected through HDMI cable - I have set it as main screen but I am also...