Windows 10: Moving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage. Both Windows 11.

Discus and support Moving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage. Both Windows 11. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am getting a new PC. Both are Windows 11, Intel i7. The storage configurations are different. old has 2 drives C: 512SSD, D: 1TB disk_ new is only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Condry, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Condry Win User

Moving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage. Both Windows 11.

I am getting a new PC. Both are Windows 11, Intel i7. The storage configurations are different. old has 2 drives C: 512SSD, D: 1TB disk_ new is only 1TB C drive. Is there a simple way to move all my applications without a complete reinstall? I know my Office 365 will move but what about outlook settings? Others are Adobe Adobe Acrobat Pro, AOMEI backupper, Cyberlinks tools. All are purchased and I have the codes it is just a pain to reinstall. I will have both PCs for a while if there is a tool or backup drive to do this? THe concern is the difference in storage configurations.

:)

Condry, Jan 25, 2023

2. Storage Settings Moving Apps

In Storage Settings there is the option "Changed where new content is saved"

I have the option of "This PC (CMoving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage.  Both Windows 11. :)" which is by default or the option of choosing "Local Disk (EMoving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage.  Both Windows 11. :)

for the 6 setting options. No matter how many times I try to apply the option for my Local Disk (EMoving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage.  Both Windows 11. :)

that setting is not saved and new content continues to load onto the default This PC (CMoving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage.  Both Windows 11. :).

Also in the Storage Settings option for "Local storage" I click on the drive This PC (CMoving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage.  Both Windows 11. :) to get to the options

for "Storage usage" I click on the option "Apps & games" I get the list of installed apps, click on the app

find the option to move the app to another local drive, in my case Local Disk (EMoving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage.  Both Windows 11. :), and after clicking to move

the app, I get the impression that all is about to go well and yet the app does not move.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Has anyone found a fix to this problem? Is this an issue

for Microsoft to address? BTW before posting this I had spoke with someone at Microsoft and they were

of no help.

Need help, my Drive C: is suffering in the storage department and my local drive E: has the space to handle

all new content.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mickey-Dazzman, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Moving Apps To Another Storage Device

So Windows 10 has a feature to move apps from one drive to another. I have set my storage setting for everything to be stored on a HDD since my primary OS drive is SDD. Even though I've followed the proper steps, none of my installed apps are being stored on the HDD. I cant even move them. Some apps dont have the option in the setting or some of them have the 'Move' button grayed out.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

SpaceCowboy, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Moving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage. Both Windows 11.

Can I still upgrade to Windows 11 if I change the storage drive, CPU, and motherboard?

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I understood you correctly I'll have to follow the following steps:

1. Install the new hardware with Windows 10 still on the old drive.
    2. Re-activate Windows 10 (probably requiring Microsoft Support).
    3. Move the activated Windows 10 to the new drive.
    4. Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11.
    Is that correct?

skipthijssen, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Moving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage. Both Windows 11.

1. Moving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage. Both Windows 11. - Similar Threads - Moving Apps old

2. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...: Hi, just a couple of questions re transferring files etc from one computer to another.Both computers are "in sync" via One drive, etc. So theoretically, there should be no need to transfer anything to the new computer ?But is there a check i can do ?Also, once I'm satisfied...
  3. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...: Hi, just a couple of questions re transferring files etc from one computer to another.Both computers are "in sync" via One drive, etc. So theoretically, there should be no need to transfer anything to the new computer ?But is there a check i can do ?Also, once I'm satisfied...
  4. Moving from one computer to another both Dell . Old one is Windows 10. New one is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to move Windows 10 from my old PC to the new one ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move Windows 10 from my old PC to the new one ?: I want to upgrade to Windows 11 but it says my PC is too old. So if I buy a new PC can I install my Windows 10 by removing it from the old one? And how to do so?By the way, I typed "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" in cmd but it showed me no...
  6. Moving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage. Both Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Apps from old PC to new one with different storage. Both Windows 11.: I am getting a new PC. Both are Windows 11, Intel i7. The storage configurations are different. old has 2 drives C: 512SSD, D: 1TB disk_ new is only 1TB C drive. Is there a simple way to move all my applications without a complete reinstall? I know my Office 365 will move but...
  7. Moving storage HDD from old computer to new

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving storage HDD from old computer to new: I built a new computer and want to move the storage HDD from the old one to the new one without having to redownload hundreds and hundreds of gigabytes of Microsoft Store games and apps. I was hoping when I logged into the Microsoft Store on the new computer with my old...
  8. Moving storage HDD from old computer to new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving storage HDD from old computer to new: I built a new computer and want to move the storage HDD from the old one to the new one without having to redownload hundreds and hundreds of gigabytes of Microsoft Store games and apps. I was hoping when I logged into the Microsoft Store on the new computer with my old...
  9. Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?: My current PC is about 10 years old; I have just had to change the hard drive so I think the PC will die soon. It is running Win 10 but I am not sure if it will last much longer. I have been offered a second hand PC which is newer and has a much faster chip; if I switch...
  10. How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one?: I have a system builder version of Windows 7 installed on my old PC which I can upgrade to Windows 10 when available. Suppose if I build a new PC after one year when no more free upgrade will be available, could I be able to reinstall(migrate) windows 10 onto the new PC, by...