Windows 10: Moving apps to desktop

Discus and support Moving apps to desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to move some apps to my desktop to save some clicks. Why was this simple convenience determined irrelevant by the Windows 10 team?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RonaldStephens, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Moving apps to desktop

I am trying to move some apps to my desktop to save some clicks. Why was this simple convenience determined irrelevant by the Windows 10 team?

:)

RonaldStephens, Oct 11, 2018

2. Move Applications Between Virtual Desktops

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Try the following steps to move applications between virtual desktops.

• Right-click on the program you want to move.

• Select “Move to”, and then select the desktop number to which you want to move the program.
    You can also, drag and drop the app of your choice to the desktop you want to add.

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 11, 2018
  3. philc43 Win User
    Desktop

Thanks for the easier route, I thought that moved the item which is why I did not suggest it, there are always multiple ways to do the same thing!

philc43, Oct 11, 2018
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

Moving apps to desktop

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Moving apps to desktop

1. Moving apps to desktop - Similar Threads - Moving apps desktop

2. Why can't I move apps to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I move apps to my desktop?: I have some apps pinned to my taskbar that I would like to have on my desktop. why is it not an option to do so? it wont let me drag it, it wont come up as an option when I right click it, it wont let me from the start menu, and when I try it from my file explorer I don't...
  3. Apps on the desktop move around randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps on the desktop move around randomly: Hey I have two monitors, one being my laptop screen. Sometimes after disconnecting and reconnecting my laptop to the monitor results in the apps to shuffle around. Is there a software to fix that, I am tired of reorganising my laptop submitted by /u/chrisbasmaci [link]...
  4. Move App from Desktop to Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move App from Desktop to Taskbar in Windows 10: I have a number of apps on my desktop which I can't move to the taskbar. Two examples are my link to Hotmail and my bank. Drag and drop doesn't work. I've Googled this and get the most useless replies, most of which are out of date. When I right click the icon, then go to...
  5. Excel App not working after moving to desktop location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Excel App not working after moving to desktop location: Excel was one of my apps, but I wanted to move it from having to look it up in the bottom left corner to onto my desktop. I moved it but now it won’t open, and no longer shows up as one of my apps. I could have possibly somehow messed up the shortcut or something else, but...
  6. how to move apps from tray to desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to move apps from tray to desktop: how to move apps from tray to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-apps-from-tray-to-desktop/844a7f63-1d40-49d2-af1f-625a582dc44e
  7. I can't move my apps in the desktop

I can't move my apps in the desktop: When I try to move it, it just shows ----- a cross sign, - - - /...
  8. how do I move an app icon to the desktop

how do I move an app icon to the desktop: How do I move an app icon to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-icon-to-the-desktop/21148c2a-8086-46a1-b9d6-505c6aa62616
  9. Moving video from Photos app to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving video from Photos app to desktop: I have trimmed 8 videos in the Photo App and now want to move them to my desktop. They currently are in my Collection. How can I do this?...
  10. Moving Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Desktop: I want to move my desktop from the 'One Drive' in my User account to the C drive. I am wary of losing any file associations, shortcuts etc. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks 112383

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move apps to desktop

2. moving to desktop

3. how to move an app to desktop

4. how to move apps to the desktop screen windows,
  5. how to move programs to desktop in windows 10,
  6. windows how to move apps to desktop,
  7. moving apps to desktop,
  8. how do i move apps to desktop win10,
  9. moving app to desktop,
  10. move apps to desktop windows 10