Windows 10: Moving apps

Discus and support Moving apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i'm new to windows and my windows is not activated yet it's a pc but this is not the problem, the problem is that my SSD is full because all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by asma almutairi, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Moving apps

Hello, i'm new to windows and my windows is not activated yet it's a pc but this is not the problem, the problem is that my SSD is full because all the apps are installed there and i want to move some of the apps to my HDD btw the apps are installed thru google chrome and the moving option is grayed so how can i move the apps? i can't play the game because the SSD is full and i can't move anything!!! please help.

THANK YOU.

:)

asma almutairi, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Moving apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Sd app saving MOVE option is grayed out it will not let me click on it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Is this specific to games?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 30, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Moving apps

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Moving apps

1. Moving apps - Similar Threads - Moving apps

2. "move" is greyed out for Netflix app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "move" is greyed out for Netflix app: I'm asking this again. I see a thread from over a year ago with the same question but the windows 10 user said the solutions offered didn't work and the thread was locked. Is this what passes for help these days? No answer and just lock the thread? So I'm asking it again....
  3. Filled up C Drive in Windows 10 and no Move Option in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Filled up C Drive in Windows 10 and no Move Option in Apps & Features: According to online instructions I've read, Windows 10 has a move option in Apps & Features to move apps from the C drive to another drive, but all I find is an uninstall button, no move button. My C drive is almost full, and I need more space....
  4. I Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive or move them to the other drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive or move them to the other drive: I Have recently bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, it works wonders on my Xbox but when i try to install a game on my PC it wont show my other drive that has the space required to download but when i install it on the C: drive works flawlessly. I read a solution saying i...
  5. What are this lines? They move with chrome and other apps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are this lines? They move with chrome and other apps.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/merlin69-420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hf3b6b/what_are_this_lines_they_move_with_chrome_and/
  6. When I move my apps on the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I move my apps on the screen: This box shows when i move my application my my windows 10 desktop? I have attached a picture of what it looks like. [ATTACH] HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  7. Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...: submitted by /u/MotorBoats [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hberh1/dual_monitors_all_appswindows_move_to_primary/
  8. Moving app from C: drive to D: drive

Moving app from C: drive to D: drive: How do I move an app to a different internal drive? I'm aware of the move tool in the apps and features settings but it is greyed out and unavailable with no explanation as to why. I'd rather move the application without uninstalling and reinstalling it as it is a large file...
  9. i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive

i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive: hello I'm having a problem that every time I try to move my game from the C drive to any other drive it gives me an error and i tried everything to fix it and nothing worked I use windows 10 the last update [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Unable to download or install apps/move storage folder from C: to E:

Unable to download or install apps/move storage folder from C: to E:: Hi Just as the subject says, I am so frustrated with this as this is my PC and I have full administrator control yet I am unable to install a large game from Microsoft Store that I own but have managed to install a smaller game on my OS drive C:. I want to use my larger...