Windows 10: Moving apps

Discus and support Moving apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i'm new to windows and my windows is not activated yet it's a pc but this is not the problem, the problem is that my SSD is full because all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by asma almutairi, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Moving apps

Hello, i'm new to windows and my windows is not activated yet it's a pc but this is not the problem, the problem is that my SSD is full because all the apps are installed there and i want to move some of the apps to my HDD btw the apps are installed thru google chrome and the moving option is grayed so how can i move the apps? i can't play the game because the SSD is full and i can't move anything!!! please help.

THANK YOU.

:)

asma almutairi, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Moving apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Sd app saving MOVE option is grayed out it will not let me click on it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Is this specific to games?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 30, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Moving apps

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Moving apps

1. Moving apps - Similar Threads - Moving apps

2. Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?: Greetings. I have plenty of free space on my laptop but I keep the partition for Windows at 224GB. I do this purposefully so that Windows won't grow too big, which it will if it's allowed to, which it is by default. I have my opinions on why this is so, but I won't share them...
  3. Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?: Greetings. I have plenty of free space on my laptop but I keep the partition for Windows at 224GB. I do this purposefully so that Windows won't grow too big, which it will if it's allowed to, which it is by default. I have my opinions on why this is so, but I won't share them...
  4. Move app data to default drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move app data to default drive.: Hello, I recently got an ssd installed which is great and improved the overall performance of my device. The issue being, my user profile, settings, browser bookmarks, etc, have all been replaced. The new ssd has become the default drive and I can't access my previous...
  5. Move app data to default drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move app data to default drive.: Hello, I recently got an ssd installed which is great and improved the overall performance of my device. The issue being, my user profile, settings, browser bookmarks, etc, have all been replaced. The new ssd has become the default drive and I can't access my previous...
  6. Move app data to default drive.

7. How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...: HiI'm trying to add an app to the Suggested List of the "Open With..." context menu, but everything I tried had not worksI still have to go into "Choose Another App" and selected from the more "More Options" list.I even tried making it a default app for the extension, but...
  8. How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...

How do I move an app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps"...: HiI'm trying to add an app to the Suggested List of the "Open With..." context menu, but everything I tried had not worksI still have to go into "Choose Another App" and selected from the more "More Options" list.I even tried making it a default app for the extension, but...
  9. How do I move app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps" Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps" Windows 11?: HiI'm trying to add an app to the Suggested List of the "Open With..." context menu, but everything I tried had not worksI still have to go into "Choose Another App" and selected from the more "More Options" list.I even tried making it a default app for the extension, but...
  10. How do I move app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps" Windows 11?

How do I move app in the Open With... Menu from "More Options" to "Suggested apps" Windows 11?: HiI'm trying to add an app to the Suggested List of the "Open With..." context menu, but everything I tried had not worksI still have to go into "Choose Another App" and selected from the more "More Options" list.I even tried making it a default app for the extension, but...