Windows 10: Moving away from Storage Spaces

Discus and support Moving away from Storage Spaces in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like to migrate my disk array out of the storage space and into a better and easy to manage disk array. Planning on removing one drive at a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/john_the_idiot, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Moving away from Storage Spaces

I would like to migrate my disk array out of the storage space and into a better and easy to manage disk array. Planning on removing one drive at a time in SS and continue to use the actual hdds I have.

Looking for advice on which raid or whatever I should use. I'm wanting to maximize space availability, I'll eventually create a mirrored backup when I have the drives. Will I run into any complications doing this and adding additional drives together in windows? What's best?

submitted by /u/john_the_idiot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/john_the_idiot, Jul 12, 2020

2. Move Storage Spaces

How to move Storage Spaces (two-way mirror) from an old Windows 10 computer to a new Windows 10 computer?

Fantailguru, Jul 12, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Storage spaces recovery

For interest:

Move Storage Spaces from Windows 10 Pro to Windows Server 2016 Essentials

But I note:

What Windows build/edition are you using on your old PC, and what on your new?

More:
    Can you move Storage Spaces pools between computers?

dalchina, Jul 12, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Moving away from Storage Spaces

Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Moving away from Storage Spaces

1. Moving away from Storage Spaces - Similar Threads - Moving away Storage

2. Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage: So I have installed a lot of game on my computer, and I just installed Starwars: Squadrons days ago. Keep in mind that its file size is 31.? GB.Normally if I knew that this would almost maximize my file space of 237 GB, I would have averted this problem. So of course I try to...
  3. Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage: So I have installed a lot of game on my computer, and I just installed Starwars: Squadrons days ago. Keep in mind that its file size is 31.? GB.Normally if I knew that this would almost maximize my file space of 237 GB, I would have averted this problem. So of course I try to...
  4. Moving from Dynamic Disk to Storage Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving from Dynamic Disk to Storage Space: During setup of my gaming PC I created a mirror dynamic disk on the 2 data disks because The Internet suggested it. Now I know this was a bad idea since it de-synchs more often than it should even if the disks ran 24/7 since the early '80s. Is there an easier way than...
  5. Windows Storage Spaces -- Moving a Physical Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Storage Spaces -- Moving a Physical Disk: Hope the following review/summary of my recent experimenting with Microsoft Storage Spaces will be of use to others. Sorry if this is too 'verbose'... The steps I performed/show could be used in one of several scenarios... 1] If you physically remove a disk from a...
  6. Storage space

Storage space: I've been trying to install the newest update. However, it says I need more disk space. I've looked online and on the Microsoft website and deleted everything I can. There's nothing in downloads, temporary files, pictures, videos or anything that isn't needed for it to run...
  7. storage space

storage space: hi, I have a problem when I try to install an app in says storage full clear up some space. the problem is I don't want to delete any thing. so is there's a way to increase my storage play without deleting any thing ?...
  8. Storage Spaces

Storage Spaces: I have a 4-bay enclosure of 8TB drives (32TB total) set to parity using Storage spaces. I would suspect I would be able to get about 2/3 (66%) capacity or about 21TB after allowing for parity. However it's telling me that the total capacity is only 14TB. How does that make...
  9. Storage Space

Storage Space: [ATTACH]This may seem like a silly question but can someone please tell me if something is going here that needs any action? I am getting a notification that my laptop that’s linked with my microsoft account needs my attention. When I follow through with where it leads me...
  10. Profile Storage Space System Tray Icon Won't Go Away

in Windows 10 Support
    Profile Storage Space System Tray Icon Won't Go Away: Hello, I have Windows 10, and have an issue that I just noticed the past week and can't get rid of it. I had a virus earlier this week, unfortunately I forgot which one. I got rid of it using Malwarebytes. But I noticed this icon that says "Available Profile Space" in my...