Windows 10: Moving between items in file explorer windows 10

Discus and support Moving between items in file explorer windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I'm New on Windows 10, so i had a few things to discover and get used to. But one thing bothered me and i couldn't get used to it, which is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sofiangk, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Sofiangk Win User

Moving between items in file explorer windows 10

Hey, I'm New on Windows 10, so i had a few things to discover and get used to.

But one thing bothered me and i couldn't get used to it, which is the navigation between items in file explorer, in Windows 8 I was moving between the items and rows with just the arrow keys. Now I can move between items only if they are in one row

If I have, let's say, a series that's like 24 episodes, and the row contain 18 item, if I want to get to the EP 19 from EP 18 with arrow keys, I have to go all the way to the beginning of the row and then use the down arrow key.

I remember it was easier in Windows 8, but i just couldn't figure out how to get to be the same in Windows 10

:)

Sofiangk, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2019
  3. ArmaRayo Win User
    File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, Nov 26, 2019
  4. CLY
    cly Win User

Window deselects when moved too quickly in Windows 10

All of a sudden in Windows 10 if I move windows around too quickly on my desktop they will randomly deselect. I noticed this when I was moving files around to format a hard drive. Anyone else have this problem? It does not seem to matter if it is a windows explorer window or a program window.

Thanks

Thema:

1. Moving between items in file explorer windows 10 - Similar Threads - Moving between items

2. Use tab to move between action items intead of arrow keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use tab to move between action items intead of arrow keys.: Earlier in Windows 10, in Action Center Win + A, tab was used to move between action items. Now, in Windows 11, we have to use arrow keys instead. How to make it like it used to?* Moved from Community Center...
  3. File explorer items disappearing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer items disappearing in windows 11: Items in any folder in file explorer disappear all at once during loading and appear only when hovering over them. With them, left bar is also disappeared. It's a windows 11 and all updates are done....
  4. File explorer items disappearing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer items disappearing in windows 11: Items in any folder in file explorer disappear all at once during loading and appear only when hovering over them. With them, left bar is also disappeared. It's a windows 11 and all updates are done....
  5. How to decrease the space between the items in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    How to decrease the space between the items in Windows 11 Explorer: [ATTACH]Windows 11 is an amazing experience. All the new features and updates from Windows 10 are quite an improvement. However, a lot of users are used to Windows 10, especially the menus and spacing. Thus, some users faced an issue with the File Explorer spacing. How to...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer copy/move dialog window varies between 2 types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer copy/move dialog window varies between 2 types: When I use Windows 10 File explorer to copy or move files, the copy/move dialog window seems to randomly display differently. The first type, shows the green bar with the speed of the copy/move and the time/files remaining for the whole copy/move. The second type, doesn't...
  7. moving files between to drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving files between to drives: How can I show two file folders and move files between them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-files-between-to-drives/533348dd-18dc-4584-8eea-3bc909c496ef"
  8. Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors: When I open File Explorer in Windows 10, using the dark theme, I want the colors of highlighted items to be different. Previous versions of Windows allowed much more granular customization of environmental items. Those options seem to be gone. When I click on an item in a...
  9. file explore flashes and locks up when it is being moved between to monitors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explore flashes and locks up when it is being moved between to monitors.: every time i try to move file explore for one monitor to the next it locks up and closes out. Please advise on a fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/file-explore-flashes-and-locks-up-when-it-is-being/4271b0fa-3cf4-48fe-955d-5bd9c24c9be6
  10. Moving Files to Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Files to Explorer: I've always moved files from Windows Live Mail by dragging them into Explorer, now I get this message, also happened trying to move files from my phone (android) [img] 116223