Windows 10: Moving between pages without a mouse

Discus and support Moving between pages without a mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot figure out how to return to the previous page without a mouse. I use a laptop running Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JenniferPerrysh, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Moving between pages without a mouse

I cannot figure out how to return to the previous page without a mouse. I use a laptop running Windows 10.

:)

JenniferPerrysh, Dec 3, 2018
  2. tpgillam Win User

OneNote page jumps when moving mouse if marker is present

This is a bug report rather than a question - do please advise if there is somewhere more appropriate to send it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a page containing exactly one text box, with a single word
    2. Label this line with a "marker", e.g. check box or question mark.
    3. Move the mouse repeatedly over and out of/into the textbox area.
    Expected response: nothing to happen except for the mouse cursor to move.

Observed response: the whole view jumps horizontally sporadically.

Details: I'm using OneNote for Windows 10, version 17.9226.20641.0. Windows 10 is version 1709, build 16299.431.

Additional comments:

Whilst reproducible in a very small example as described above, the problem is more pernicious in a more heavily populated page that contains a mix of text and images. Moving the cursor still results in horizontal jumping, but sometimes the entire view gradually
    shifts to one side. This jumping is visually jarring, and greatly detracting to the overall experience.

Moved from Office / OneNote / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

tpgillam, Dec 3, 2018
  3. mouse axis ''X'' is now ''Y'' and viceversa

Hi Richiesco,

I would suggest you to test the issue plugging in a different mouse and see if the issue persists.

You may also test the same mouse on a different computer and let us know the results.

I would also suggest you to follow these steps and test the issue:

• Click on Start.
    • Search for Ease of Access and click on Ease of Access mouse settings.
    • Turn on Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen.
    • Check if the mouse moves in the right direction when you use the numeric keypad on the keyboard.

Let us know if it helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Moving between pages without a mouse

mouse moves and clicks on its own

Hi,

Regarding your concern about mouse issues, we would like to know some additional information to better assist you with your concern:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless mouse?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can try the troubleshooting steps provided by Cesar Castaño and other members on this

link
    and see if it will work.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Moving between pages without a mouse

1. Moving between pages without a mouse - Similar Threads - Moving between pages

2. Cursor moving down the page without any mouse input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor moving down the page without any mouse input: I thought I was having an issue with my mouse, but after conducting troubleshooting steps from the manufacturer, it could be another problem. Recently my cursor started moving down the page without any input from my mouse. When I disconnected the mouse from the computer the...
  3. Cursor moving down the page without any mouse input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor moving down the page without any mouse input: I thought I was having an issue with my mouse, but after conducting troubleshooting steps from the manufacturer, it could be another problem. Recently my cursor started moving down the page without any input from my mouse. When I disconnected the mouse from the computer the...
  4. Cursor moving down the page without any mouse input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Move mouse between non-touching monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move mouse between non-touching monitors?: This is my current setup. I can move the mouse between 1 and 3 or 2 and 3, but not between 1 and 2. How can I make it move between 1 and 2? submitted by /u/Electro-Ninja [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't move mouse between multi-monitor setup

Can't move mouse between multi-monitor setup: I have a multi-monitor setup like this: https://imgur.com/a/U3rRx2g Everything works well, except to reach monitor 4, I can only move my mouse from monitor 3->5->2->4, but I can't go directly from monitor 3->4. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Future-Professional [link]...
  7. Moving any page between monitors resizing issue!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving any page between monitors resizing issue!: This one is baffling me. For example when I move an excel page from my HP laptop monitor 1 to second monitor Dell monitor 2 and the page crosses between monitors. Right at the halfway point where the page is split in half the page resizes. This is causing a not so smooth...
  8. 1080 + 1440 + 1080 moving mouse between screens

1080 + 1440 + 1080 moving mouse between screens: Hi all, Is there any way to make it so, for example, if I have my mouse at the bottom of my 1440p screen and move it to the 1080p, it will just go to the bottom of that one, instead of locking it to the screen? submitted by /u/Skiizm [link] [comments]...
  9. problems moving mouse between vertical monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    problems moving mouse between vertical monitors: I recently received my Alienware Aurora and set it up in my home office. I have a triple screen setup with two monitors mounted vertically above and below one another,and the third monitor on the left of these two in portrait mode. The two vertical monitors are both in...
  10. Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors: Hi. I have an annoying problem. When I move from my secondary LCD to the primary, sometimes the mouse won't cross the threshold unless I move it fast. I read about mouse monitor escape speed from this thread, but after adding the reg key to the control panel/desktop and the...