Windows 10: Moving Bubbles & Jumping Mouse

Discus and support Moving Bubbles & Jumping Mouse in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Working on a friend’s Dell Inspiron 5567… Existing HD failed. I replaced with a new HD and did I clean install with the media creator tool of 1909.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dubstir, May 29, 2020.

1. Moving Bubbles & Jumping Mouse

Working on a friend’s Dell Inspiron 5567…

Existing HD failed. I replaced with a new HD and did I clean install with the media creator tool of 1909. During the initial startup (black screen) I noticed circles/bubbles floating across the top section of the screen. Once in the desktop, they still appear. Blinking and moving and sometimes disappearing for a few seconds. I did all driver updates and windows update. Rebooted many times and they’re still there. As for the trackpad… it doesn’t work. Also the screen jumps around.

So… I then installed Linux Mint wiping the Windows 10 partition. Mint boots fine, no bubbles, trackpad works.

For Windows, I’ve tried both UEFI and MBR formatted USB and yes, I changed the BIOS appropriately.

I then created a new bootable Windows 10 USB key, then installed wiping Mint and… same results as previously stated.

So this is a software (Windows 10) issue and not a hardware issue since Mint worked as expected.

I’ve searched, but only came across one Dell forum about the same model and same issues and there were ZERO worthy replies.

Any thoughts?

submitted by /u/dubstir
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dubstir, May 29, 2020

2. Bubbles on touch screen and cursor jumps around

Hello Michael,

Bubbles and cursor jumping on your Windows 10 laptop can be due to outdated drivers. Having said that, we suggest performing the methods below and see if it makes any difference.

Method 1:

We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Check for the issue, if it persists move to next method.

Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Human Interface Devices driver and check the issue.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Human Interface Devices and expand it.
    • Right click on the Touchscreen and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. Windows will install the generic drives after you restart.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, May 29, 2020
  3. tpgillam Win User
    OneNote page jumps when moving mouse if marker is present

This is a bug report rather than a question - do please advise if there is somewhere more appropriate to send it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a page containing exactly one text box, with a single word
    2. Label this line with a "marker", e.g. check box or question mark.
    3. Move the mouse repeatedly over and out of/into the textbox area.
    Expected response: nothing to happen except for the mouse cursor to move.

Observed response: the whole view jumps horizontally sporadically.

Details: I'm using OneNote for Windows 10, version 17.9226.20641.0. Windows 10 is version 1709, build 16299.431.

Additional comments:

Whilst reproducible in a very small example as described above, the problem is more pernicious in a more heavily populated page that contains a mix of text and images. Moving the cursor still results in horizontal jumping, but sometimes the entire view gradually
    shifts to one side. This jumping is visually jarring, and greatly detracting to the overall experience.

Moved from Office / OneNote / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

tpgillam, May 29, 2020
  4. Julz Win User

Moving Bubbles & Jumping Mouse

Microsoft Bubbles Screensaver

In your case I would go with spapakons suggestion and try using the Watch 4 Idle app since it appears that you can adjust the settings somewhat. I've never used it so I would have to install it to test its capabilities. With my suggestion, because the Microsoft Bubbles screensaver has no settings such as the ability to use the escape button to turn it off for example, verses using the mouse, you're basically stuck using the mouse and if the mouse moves; as in your case with a rocking ship you'd have to click on the icon again. Since you're using a laptop though, you could just disable the mouse if you're using one since you have the pad on a laptop. In that instance, it would take touching the pad to turn it off. Good luck. I have a feeling that Microsoft has had a lot of feedback with regards to the transparent screensavers so maybe they'll come up with a fix for it, who knows? *sarc

Thema:

Moving Bubbles & Jumping Mouse

1. Moving Bubbles & Jumping Mouse - Similar Threads - Moving Bubbles Jumping

2. Jumping Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jumping Mouse: My mouse is jumping and there is nothing that will fix the problem, Is there any new software for the mouse?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jumping-mouse/272ded73-f305-4c0a-ab79-8b66b4e066be
  3. Bubbles on touch screen and cursor jumps around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bubbles on touch screen and cursor jumps around: When I turn on my laptop, I get the "ghost touch screen bubbles. I can not even log in, these bubbles keep me from entering in my password. I have done no updates, but I did run a windows update. PLEASE DON'T ASK TO GO TO ANY SETTINGS WITHIN THE WINDOWS ENVIRONMENT, again, I...
  4. Bubbles on touch screen and cursor jumps around

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bubbles on touch screen and cursor jumps around: When I turn on my laptop, I get the "ghost touch screen bubbles. I can not even log in, these bubbles keep me from entering in my password. I have done no updates, but I did run a windows update. PLEASE DON'T ASK TO GO TO ANY SETTINGS WITHIN THE WINDOWS ENVIRONMENT, again, I...
  5. Jumping mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jumping mouse: My mouse starts to jump around after almost every Microsoft update. It has a mind of its own. It closes out of browsers. It closes out of applications. I use a Dell laptop. I have never been able to find a resolution to this issue that developed after updating to Microsoft...
  6. Jumping mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jumping mouse: My mouse starts to jump around after almost every Microsoft update. It has a mind of its own. It closes out of browsers. It closes out of applications. I use a Dell laptop. I have never been able to find a resolution to this issue that developed after updating to Microsoft...
  7. Mouse JUmping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse JUmping: Why my cursor always jumping to search bar, I already updated my mice driver. Note: im using laptop without mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-jumping/c80fc4c6-2991-4d79-a16c-cb27be0e740c
  8. Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own: Today I was playing a game, Endless Legend, when my mouse started zooming in and out really quickly. At first I thought it was just me touching the trackpad accidentally, but it carried on even when I wasn't touching the PC. I even unplugged my physical mouse and the problem...
  9. Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own: Today I was playing a game, Endless Legend, when my mouse started zooming in and out really quickly. At first I thought it was just me touching the trackpad accidentally, but it carried on even when I wasn't touching the PC. I even unplugged my physical mouse and the problem...
  10. mouse jumping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mouse jumping: how can I stop my mouse from jumping to the top of the page every few seconds of me scrolling. I can be in the middle of reading an article and it jumps to the top of the page. Im also trying to do a clean up check and it wont complete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after windows 10 update mouse keeps jumping around