Windows 10: Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10

Discus and support Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just lost a folder of files that I meant to copy from one location to another location on the same drive. I meant to copy the files, but instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul_DDP, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Paul_DDP Win User

Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10

I have just lost a folder of files that I meant to copy from one location to another location on the same drive. I meant to copy the files, but instead I moved them. Realizing my mistake, I used the "Undo" function and now the files/folders have completely disappeared ... they're not on the clipboard, they're not in the recycle bin and I can't locate them anywhere. They haven't re-surfaced in the original folder, and they are not available through "Redo" ... HELP!

:)

Paul_DDP, Dec 6, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Moving Copying files

2. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  3. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  4. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Folder move not copy interrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Folder move not copy interrupted: Hi Team,A friend of mine tried to move not Copy a folder from local computer to the cloud OneDrive. The proess was interrupted for some reason, maybe power outage not sure of the details. But now the Source is missing and the destination has only the folder structure created...
  6. Windows Folder move not copy interrupted

Windows Folder move not copy interrupted: Hi Team,A friend of mine tried to move not Copy a folder from local computer to the cloud OneDrive. The proess was interrupted for some reason, maybe power outage not sure of the details. But now the Source is missing and the destination has only the folder structure created...
  7. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  8. Moving or Copying Files

Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  9. No Duplicate Warning when Copying or Moving Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No Duplicate Warning when Copying or Moving Files and Folders in Windows 10: When copying files from one folder to another, the OS always warns if there is another folder or file with the same name. It is one of the prominent features of File Explorer, which makes sure the same files are not overwritten without consent. In case you are not receiving...
  10. copy move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...