Windows 10: Moving/copying Windows music files

Discus and support Moving/copying Windows music files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I select "all" of my albums in windows music in order to transfer them to an external hard drive? There is no option for this that I can find.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Batman65, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Batman65 Win User

Moving/copying Windows music files

How do I select "all" of my albums in windows music in order to transfer them to an external hard drive? There is no option for this that I can find.

:)

Batman65, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Barman58 Win User

Copying files

As this relates to music file, do you use a music manager? If so check if it has any functions to do what you want.
    If not the music manager I use would do what you need without a problem do a search for MediaMonkey I use the Gold Version but the free version should allow you to list all the music files on the USB and you can then select all files right click and select "copy to" and navigate to your required location and all files will be copied for you.

It's late here now but will see what I can put together in step by step with screen shots in the morning here.

mediamonky handles my 30000+ track collection so should be OK for however many files you need to move now and in the future, plus a lot more

Barman58, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Copying music files to a thumb drive

Thank you for responding, it was a clear answer that is helping solve my desire to move music files to a thumb drive.

The music I want to move, was downloaded from Google music play. I now believe that their music is on my MS Surface book 2., but the files are not view able by the subscriber, me.

I presume it is necessary to use music from a streaming source, that is music that has been paid for, and is in a file format that can be copied or moved. If you can confirm this for me I would appreciate it a great deal!

Thank you for the help.

Dennypic747 &

Dennypic707, Jul 1, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Moving/copying Windows music files - Similar Threads - Moving copying music

2. Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.: Hello. I have Windows 10 Home on a PC Desktop and all the latest updates. Copying files from one location to another using Explorer doesn't work. I have restarted Explorer and doing it worked for a few actions then failed again. I restarted it again and I could copy/cut files...
  3. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  4. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  5. Error 0x800700EA while copying music files

Error 0x800700EA while copying music files: While I was copying music files from USB to microSD card, there were several files that made it into error 0x800700EA, which more data is available. I can't continue this, so I skip this file from happening. Is there an easy fix for this error? The USB has FAT32 partition...
  6. copy move files

copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  7. EFS copying , moving files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EFS copying , moving files: Hello, I am preparing for the MD-100 certification and I have a question about copying or moving EFS files. According to Exam Ref MD-100 Windows 10 by Andrew Bettany on page #188 "EFS will prevent attempts to copy or move encrypted data by anyone except users who have the...
  8. Duplicate copy music files

Duplicate copy music files: I've recently been transferring files to hard drives and I've notice the original file path now shows a duplicate file with a copy tag. I have tried to uncheck file merge path through settings. Is it possible to remove duplicates, rather than individual deleting? Best...
  9. Copying music files to a thumb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying music files to a thumb drive: I have downloaded music from googles music site, using their google player app on my MS Surface Book 2. Now I would like to copy these music files to a thumb drive so I can play them in my car. I have no idea how to do this. If anyone can help me, would be most...
  10. Move but not copy Music folder into Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move but not copy Music folder into Documents: When I had Windows 7, I had literally every single thing in My Documents. Every song, every file, every tax record, every picture...literally everything. That way, when I backed up my hard drive, I just plugged in the My Passport Ultra drive, synced it with My Documents, and...