Windows 10: Moving Cortana back to an administrative account

Discus and support Moving Cortana back to an administrative account in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently enrolled in the Olympia windows insider program and created a new user account that is managed by the Azure Domain. However, after creating... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by munyaradzimadzoma, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Moving Cortana back to an administrative account

I recently enrolled in the Olympia windows insider program and created a new user account that is managed by the Azure Domain. However, after creating this new account noticed that Cortana was moved from my administration account (that has all my files and calendars) to the new Olympia account.

Is there a way I can move here back (Cortana) back to my administration account? Or I have to install my calenders once again in the new account. She used to remind me of my meeting, events, personalising my searches and a whole lot of stuff in my administration account. However, in the new Olympia account, they are not a lot of stuff inside so she is not very useful there.

Thank you

:)

munyaradzimadzoma, Apr 7, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Undo/Un-sync Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Hi,

It seems that there are changes made on your administrator account after logging in to the Microsoft Store as one of your children. For us to resolve the issue, we suggest that you switch the administrator account to local account and switch it to your own
    Microsoft account. To change account types on your computer, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change account type.
    • Select your user account and then click Change the account type.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Moving Cortana back to an administrative account

Cortana is not available in administrator account

I am using a HP Notebook with windows 10. Cortana is available in my family account but when I signed in using Administrator account , cortana and speech search icon are not available. In setting also the cortana and speech setting is absent. I am not able
    to use Cortana in my administrator account.

* Moved from Insider

Arbaj Sayyad, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Moving Cortana back to an administrative account

1. Moving Cortana back to an administrative account - Similar Threads - Moving Cortana administrative

2. how do i set my account back to administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i set my account back to administrator?: so, i accidently set my windows account from administrator to guest, now i can't do anything on my pc to change it back which is a big issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-my-account-back-to-administrator/ea140050-7bda-4785-808a-a1fd5c55acc9
  3. Is there a way to get Legacy Cortana (Old Cortana) back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to get Legacy Cortana (Old Cortana) back?: [ATTACH] Hi, firstly I want to say, I know this isn't a popular discussion, but after updating to Windows 10 version 20H2, the Cortana features have been useless, I used to be able to tell Cortana to play music, but now it seems that the only few things it can do are add...
  4. Unable to switch back to user account from administrator account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to switch back to user account from administrator account: I switched to Administrator account to change the folder name in c drive. But i am unable to switch back to my user account. I am getting an error message saying unable to log into user account. I searched the web and tried some of the solutions like switching to safe mode...
  5. Cortana moves around on it's own.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana moves around on it's own.: It doesn't open up randomly, but when I open it it constantly moves around my apps, past the search bar etc. As if I was repeatedly mashing the TAB key. This also happens to other things too, like file manager, or when I click ctrl + alt + delete. When I restart my PC, the...
  6. How to Switch Back From Hyper V Administrator account to Administrator Account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Switch Back From Hyper V Administrator account to Administrator Account.: Dear sir, I was working on my System on 22nd july 2020 i was unable to install an application. I tried 3-4 times but i was unable to install the application. while i was checking for the Administrator Account i mistakenly Clicked on Hyper V Administrator Account and saved...
  7. My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back

My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back: I know about the net user administrator cmd technique and it didn't work, I keep getting system error 5 even after I run it as administrator. the account is the only account in the system i didn't activate default the guest and/or the administrator account....
  8. changing account type back to administrator group

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing account type back to administrator group: Hi everyone, I accidentally changed the only active admin account type of my Win 10 to users group. As I didn't backed up the bitlocker key I'm in a bad trouble. i can't even reset my windows because of this. and due to same problem i can't activate the built in administrator...
  9. How to change back an administrator account on Windows 10

How to change back an administrator account on Windows 10: My child logged into Paint 3D on my wife's computer and changed herself to administrator of my wife's computer. She showed me what she did and it was as simple as logging on to Paint 3D with her account and for some reason, that changed my wife's email address on her account...
  10. Get Cortana back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Cortana back on: I am signed into Windows 10 with a local account. When asked if I wanted to use Cortana, i stated no thanks. [img] How do I get it back? I want to use it with my local account using the following instructions. [img] I hope someone can assist. I have be using...