Windows 10: Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion!

Discus and support Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion! in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I moved the Data files Contacts, Documents etc. to the D:\ drive using the Properties > Location > Move method and Office Word etc. in Options > Save... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by scopio, Oct 7, 2018.

1. scopio Win User

Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion!

I moved the Data files Contacts, Documents etc. to the D:\ drive using the Properties > Location > Move method and Office Word etc. in Options > Save show that the Save destination is D:\Users\username\Documents which is as it should be BUT which of the duplicated folders as I also made the changes in Windows > Settings > Storage method which seem to have duplicated the folders and I now have two folders in D:\Users\username\ for Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos presumably moved there by the Windows > Settings > Storage these folders do not have an icon just a plain folder picture and I assume they are the ones from theWindows > Settings > Storage method.

• What did I do wrong to get duplicate folders?
    • Which folders will be used when I finally save work to?
    • Can the duplicate folders without the icons be deleted or would there be issues?

Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion! [​IMG]

The screenshot is not from the actual pc but just to demonstrate how in actually shows in the other pc as I can't get to the actual pc just yet. No data has been saved as yet as the Office 365 applications have not been used yet.

:)

scopio, Oct 7, 2018

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Bross76 Win User
    All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, Oct 7, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

Move documents from D drive into reinstalled program

Hi,

We recommend that you contact the program developer for instructions on how to move your files. They should be able to provide you a step-by-step guide on you can move your documents from the D:\ drive to their program.

Thank you.

John Vil, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Moving data files to the D:\drive confusion! - Similar Threads - Moving data files

2. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  3. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  4. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help!, Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

Help!, Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  6. Help!, Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help!, Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  7. Move data from C drive to D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move data from C drive to D: How to move a c drive that is full to the D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-data-from-c-drive-to-d/0df7a77f-dcac-4ec1-9d53-148f0565176e
  8. Data D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data D Drive: My computer has relatively low storage space. My computer shows me that under "storage on other devices" an internal drive has 920 GB of storage. I am trying to move Steam apps to this drive but I have no way of doing this. I have no way to send the applications to the other...
  9. dell with confusing drives d data drive vs. os c drive vs. OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dell with confusing drives d data drive vs. os c drive vs. OneDrive: So, I just bought this new dell. My last one was 12 years ago. I get it all set up, move over my docs and settings and am impressed with the speed. I noticed though, that my C: drive is already 2/3 rds full with docs. Then I notice this D data drive that has 460 gb of storage...
  10. C Drive is full, how to move unwanted data to D drive?

C Drive is full, how to move unwanted data to D drive?: Hi there, my c drive is almost full and this has slowed down my window explorer files when i try to go in document so i wanted to know what i can cut and copy/ transfer files or data to my d drive so my laptop can run faster? thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DummyDir