Windows 10: Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi

Discus and support Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been doing this for a while, but I want to make sure I am doing it the right way.I have a RaspberryPI RPI with a mounted NTFS 1TB drive using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DennisWage, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi

I have been doing this for a while, but I want to make sure I am doing it the right way.I have a RaspberryPI RPI with a mounted NTFS 1TB drive using SAMBA to share with PC'sOn my Windows 11 pc I move my data folders one by one using the 'location' under properties.Here is where I'll start my question.Should I 'map' the network drive to say E: then move to the mapped drive or should I map to \\rpi\shared-drive\I also am not sure if I create the remote folders before I move or is there a way to let Windows create those folders for me?DW

:)

DennisWage, Dec 9, 2021

2. auto-mount removable drives to NTFS folders

It used to be common to use autorun.inf on removable drives but the proliferation of security threats has rendered this facility useless. So I'd like to have the following Security feature added to currently supported versions of Windows (not just Windows
    10)

1. to auto-mount non-NTFS formatted removable drives to a designated folder

2. no assignment of drive letter(s) & administered from the disk management console.

3. NTFS folder permissions shoult block network access by default on the mount-point.

I know it's possible to disable auto-mounting but it isn't flexible enough to redirect to a pre-designated folder/mount-point.

Is it possible to retro-fit the facility into Windows?

Drive letters should have been eradicated by now as there's no need for a 16-bit subsystem.

technogeist2k10, Dec 10, 2021
  3. auto-mount removable drives to NTFS folders

These are Windows 8.1 forums you have posted to and Microsoft will not be developing Windows 8.1 any further.

The same applies to Windows 7.

All their efforts are concentrated on Windows 10.

Bill Smithers, Dec 10, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

Thema:

Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi

1. Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi - Similar Threads - Moving data folders

2. Using NTFS Mount as an ODBC Data Source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using NTFS Mount as an ODBC Data Source: We have a Windows 10 Pro PC running on a VM that has a mounted NFTS drive, just using the anon switch to not require credentials. The drive letter is Z and net use shows it as an NFS Network drive mount. We can browse and interact with it just fine in explorer.However, one of...
  3. Using NTFS Mount as an ODBC Data Source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using NTFS Mount as an ODBC Data Source: We have a Windows 10 Pro PC running on a VM that has a mounted NFTS drive, just using the anon switch to not require credentials. The drive letter is Z and net use shows it as an NFS Network drive mount. We can browse and interact with it just fine in explorer.However, one of...
  4. Using NTFS Mount as an ODBC Data Source

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi: I have been doing this for a while, but I want to make sure I am doing it the right way.I have a RaspberryPI RPI with a mounted NTFS 1TB drive using SAMBA to share with PC'sOn my Windows 11 pc I move my data folders one by one using the 'location' under properties.Here is...
  6. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  7. Name change while moving NTFS folder names to another drive

Name change while moving NTFS folder names to another drive: When I do a CUT/PASTE of folders to another drive sometimes the folder name in the target changes. I use the NTFS filesystem of windows 10 latest version. What can this be ?...
  8. moving data folders

moving data folders: C: /users folders to an other drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-data-folders/ae3a3f85-1c43-4860-8b8d-eb7f55126ba1
  9. NTFS foldernames change when moving to another NTFS drive

NTFS foldernames change when moving to another NTFS drive: Sometimes I change the name of NTFS folders on my disc drives. When I move these folders to another drive Cut/Paste commands the NTFS filenames get again the original filename just before the rename on the original disc. What can this ? Is this an indexing problem ? I must...
  10. NTFS Mounting Tally Register?

in Windows 10 Support
    NTFS Mounting Tally Register?: Does NTFS somehow keep track of the number of times it has been accessed? Maybe in tally register of some sort? If so how can I access it? 117619