Windows 10: moving data folders

Discus and support moving data folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; C: /users folders to an other drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-data-folders/ae3a3f85-1c43-4860-8b8d-eb7f55126ba1 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sdn60, Feb 28, 2021.

1. sdn60 Win User

moving data folders

C: /users folders to an other drive.

:)

sdn60, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

3. Moving to Folders

Hello Krishnan,

Let's work on this. You can follow the steps provided below to help move photos and videos on a new folder:

• Swipe left and select File Explorer app.
    • Choose the folder where the photos and videos are saved.
    • Select the items you want to move.
    • Press the Move button.
    • You can create a New folder by pressing the Ellipsis (. . .) button or you can press the
      Up button located at the right side corner of the screen to move the items to an existing folder.
    • Tap Check or Done button when finished.

We're here if you need further assistance.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Feb 28, 2021
  4. scopio Win User

moving data folders

Moving Public Folder to another drive

I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space.
    The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files in the
    C:\Users\Public\SongPro5 folder and does not give the option to be installed software
    on another drive.
    I have searched the web if and how the Public folder can be moved to another drive and found that it can be done using the following steps;

1. COPY (don’t MOVE) the C:\USERS\PUBLIC folder to a different disk or partition
    2. Click the START button and type REGEDIT (not case sensitive) and press enter
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > PROFILE LIST
    4. Double click on PUBLIC
    5. Correct the path
    6. Reboot the PC
    7. Go to C:\USERS\PUBLIC and delete everything
    Can someone here please confirm if the SongPro software is installed in C:\Users\Programs File (x86) (the SSD) and the path Public\SongPro5 folder moved to another folder will work?

moving data folders [​IMG]

scopio, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

moving data folders

1. moving data folders - Similar Threads - moving data folders

2. Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi: I have been doing this for a while, but I want to make sure I am doing it the right way.I have a RaspberryPI RPI with a mounted NTFS 1TB drive using SAMBA to share with PC'sOn my Windows 11 pc I move my data folders one by one using the 'location' under properties.Here is...
  3. Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving data folders to NTFS drive mounted on Raspberrypi: I have been doing this for a while, but I want to make sure I am doing it the right way.I have a RaspberryPI RPI with a mounted NTFS 1TB drive using SAMBA to share with PC'sOn my Windows 11 pc I move my data folders one by one using the 'location' under properties.Here is...
  4. Default Data folders duplicated, cant move my downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Data folders duplicated, cant move my downloads folder.: Hi,This is kind of a strange issue ill try to describe best I can. I have 2 drives C: SSD and D: HDD. When I installed D: I moved my default data folders over to it, becasue I didnt want them to take up storage on my SSD. IN the intervening time however something strange has...
  5. Default Data folders duplicated, cant move my downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Data folders duplicated, cant move my downloads folder.: Hi,This is kind of a strange issue ill try to describe best I can. I have 2 drives C: SSD and D: HDD. When I installed D: I moved my default data folders over to it, becasue I didnt want them to take up storage on my SSD. IN the intervening time however something strange has...
  6. Default Data folders duplicated, cant move my downloads folder.

7. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  8. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  9. Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with profile as data moved to Temp folder: Everything has been moved to a C:\Users\TEMP folder. When I copy files back to This PC's c: drive (i.e. Documents, Downloads) the files are being synchronized with the TEMP folder files. I don't see any update history - any idea what happened here? Is there some kind of...
  10. moving data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving data: how do I move data from windows 7 laptop to Microsoft Surface windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-data/c0bdf493-5198-4b57-a50c-ee4b0152820b"