Windows 10: Moving data from VHD to HDD

Discus and support Moving data from VHD to HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, So I have a Windows Image Backup that I cannot mount because "the disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xnmvenom, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Moving data from VHD to HDD

Hello everyone,

So I have a Windows Image Backup that I cannot mount because "the disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable, or contains volumes that haven't been assigned drive letters. please use the disk management snap-in to make sure that the disk, partitions, and volumes are in a usable state."

What I do have is a VHD that has all the data I want, but I want it on my HDD. Is there a way to move this over easily? Should I format the HDD and copy/paste the VHD files into it?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/xnmvenom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xnmvenom, Nov 29, 2020

2. VHD

No it shouldn't affect untill you put data of that size in your VHD (Which is not possible in your case....)

You can create dynamic vhd and that will not take 1TB space directly from your HDD. Once you start putting data on that VHD it takes space but obviously, you can't put 1TB data on 300GB HDD

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

R@v!

Patel-Ravi, Nov 29, 2020
  3. VHD

How exactly did you manage to create a 1 TByte VHD on a 300 GByte disk?

Frederik Long, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Moving data from VHD to HDD

VHD

Can someone please help me, I need to know if I creating a VHD larger than my HDD will effect my files, coz I recently created a 1TB VHD on a 300GB HDD laptop

xolanisithole, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Moving data from VHD to HDD

1. Moving data from VHD to HDD - Similar Threads - Moving data VHD

2. I need help to move data from C drive to new hdd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help to move data from C drive to new hdd.: Hey everyone, I bought a new HDD and my old HDD is dying. So I want to move my C drive to a empty partition of new HDD so that my new HDD become my boot drive. The problem is I don't know how to do that. I tried to use a software called minitool shadow maker but it wants to...
  3. Copy data from HDD to HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy data from HDD to HDD: I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the data on the source drive. Free is good. I did read a post here that suggested Robocopy, but that seems a bit daunting for an old fogie like me....
  4. Move data from ssd to hdd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move data from ssd to hdd?: I built my pc yesterday, installed everything and my 250gb ssd is already full. How can I move my files from the ssd to the hdd? Thanks a lot! Daten von ssd auf hdd verschieben?
  5. move data to external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    move data to external HDD: I have very limited memory in my laptop so I connected an external HDD. However I am unable to transfer much to it to free up internal storage. It says error 0x80070780, what are my options? thank you!...
  6. Move from nvme to hdd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move from nvme to hdd: So I have a desktop PC I don't use for anything other than paying bills and occasionally a game (2 times in the last 3 years). It's 250gb drive. I want to move everything to my d drive. It is a hdd 1tb. How do I do that? My goal is to put the nvme in my laptop that has a hdd...
  7. Moving from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...
  8. Recovering Data from HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Data from HDD: I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed the HDD from the laptop to recover the files. The laptop was running windows 7. I've installed the HDD on my windows 10...
  9. Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD: Got a SSD and I only want to move the operating system to the SSD. So, question one is 1. How do I move only the OS to the SSD? I haven't done anything like this for a L O O O N G time. In fact, not since DOS. Back then there was a problem with what I'm trying to do...
  10. Problems Moving HDD (And Data On It) to Windows 10 From Older Win Sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems Moving HDD (And Data On It) to Windows 10 From Older Win Sys: I have an old Windows 98 system that I have had around for years and have been preparing to move anything of importance from it to a Windows 10 system in preparation for discarding the Win 98 system. I rarely use it anymore and no longer back up files on it but still would...