Windows 10: Moving desktop from different user account

Discus and support Moving desktop from different user account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 user accounts with the DESKTOP folder listed. Either one opens the desktop files and sub-folders. I'd like to move the default location of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orealius, Jul 27, 2018.

1. orealius Win User

Moving desktop from different user account

I have 2 user accounts with the DESKTOP folder listed. Either one opens the desktop files and sub-folders. I'd like to move the default location of DESKTOP from one user account to another without creating any redundancies, deletions or problems. Can this be done?

*Cool*Cool

:)

orealius, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Different desktop for different users

Hi Michael

Different Desktops as well as all of the other personal folders has always been the default setup in Windows.

These are automatically set up when a new User Account is created.

Create a local user account in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...18c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Moving desktop from different user account

Desktop shows different shortcuts than Windows explorer desktop

Hello Glyn,

We regret for the inconvenience.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account. This will help us ascertain if the issue is user account specific.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Moving desktop from different user account

1. Moving desktop from different user account - Similar Threads - Moving desktop different

2. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different user accounts with OneDrive: I am using Windows 10 with Onedrive and I am totally confused about my user / computer accounts.I have an Access database that references files on my primary machine at: C:\Users\David\OneDrive\Documents\My Files..On a secondary machine on a different network the files are...
  3. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different user accounts with OneDrive: I am using Windows 10 with Onedrive and I am totally confused about my user / computer accounts.I have an Access database that references files on my primary machine at: C:\Users\David\OneDrive\Documents\My Files..On a secondary machine on a different network the files are...
  4. Moving user profile folder from C to a different drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving user profile folder from C to a different drive: I'm going to do a fresh install and I don't want the profile folder on my C drive for 2 reasons - its a small SSD, and I want all data to be on a separate drive so my OS drive is separate. I can move my Document/Download etc folders but thats not enough at all, everything...
  5. Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.: Hello, I have a bought a new laptop which 3 different people will share so I created 3 different user accounts for each person. I would assume that each user would see his/her own programs and desktop but that doesn't seem to be the case. When someone adds something...
  6. Move Game to a different account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Move Game to a different account.: I have an account where I accidentally activated the game key and my main account. Is it possible to connect it somehow or move this game? I want to delete the old but I will lose game. * Original title: Is it possible to mix 2 accounts?...
  7. Moving storage to different accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving storage to different accounts: I was signed into an account of mine and it was an email I was no longer using. So I signed using my current email and all my files were gone (ex: Pictures or Netflix and stuff). I don't have much storage, a little under 500gb so I was wondering if there was a way to move...
  8. User accounts and users are different

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts and users are different: Hi I have two accounts on my laptop: Bryan as admin and James as my local account which I use for my daily workings. All my work is save to a different partition on the hard drive. I now notice that if I go to C:\users, I have my admin account but there are two other...
  9. Desktop appears from different signed-in account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Desktop appears from different signed-in account: I noticed after a Windows 10 repair install that the desktop that appears isn't the desktop from the user account with which I'm signed in. In fact, that user account is no longer listed in user accounts, but its files still appear in C:\[my computer name]\Users. How do I get...
  10. Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..

in Windows 10 Support
    Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..: Hi I have a touchscreen laptop and 3 user accounts, one of which is for my children (aged 3 and 5). I would like to be able to make the default mode for my children's account 'tablet mode' (to make it as simple as possible for them to use and access key apps) while...