Windows 10: Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar

Discus and support Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have regularly pinned desktop shortcut icons to my taskbar simply by dragging them there. Currently I have one otherwise ordinary desktop icon which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vagulus, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Vagulus Win User

Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar

I have regularly pinned desktop shortcut icons to my taskbar simply by dragging them there. Currently I have one otherwise ordinary desktop icon which refuses to even offer me the option of being pinned.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

:)

Vagulus, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Taskbar screen saver shortcut

Hello Ozzie,

Normally, it will only allow you to create a shortcut on your desktop but not in your Taskbar. To assist you with your concern, you can follow these steps to circumvent it:

• Send the screensaver shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click on the screensaver shortcut and click-on properties.
    • Paste the following information in the Target option under Shortcut C:\Windows\explorer.exe "C:\Windows\System32\scrnsave.scr"
    • Hit Apply.
    • Hit OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar

Pin Windows 10 Maps to taskbar or create a desktop shortcut for it

Hi JM,

In pinning an app in taskbar and creating a desktop shortcut, follow the steps below.

A. How to pin apps to taskbar in Windows 10.

• Type Maps in Cortana Search.
    • Right-click on it and choose Pin to Taskbar.

Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar 987714d5-eb03-4326-9024-8c5855974ac2.jpg

B. How to create desktop shortcut in Windows 10.

• Right-click an open area on the Desktop.
    • Hover your mouse on New and click Shortcut.
    • Click Browse.
    • Click the program or file you want to create a shortcut.
    • Choose Open and hit Next. You have the option to change the name for the shortcut.
    • Click Finish button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click Next button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click the icon you want to use for the shortcut, and then click Finish.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar

1. Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar - Similar Threads - Moving desktop shortcut

2. Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11: Every time i turn on my pc my desktop shortcuts keep rearranging and idk why. I have auto rearrange off so idk why it keeps on doing it and how to keep everything from moving....
  3. move shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move shortcut to taskbar: I have generated a shortcut to open an MS Access form without any background, i.e minimised. When I try to move it to the taskbar it only allows it to be attached to MS Access.Is there any way to pin this shortcut to my taskbar? I like to run with the desktop icons off so it...
  4. move shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move shortcut to taskbar: I have generated a shortcut to open an MS Access form without any background, i.e minimised. When I try to move it to the taskbar it only allows it to be attached to MS Access.Is there any way to pin this shortcut to my taskbar? I like to run with the desktop icons off so it...
  5. move shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. desktop shortcuts have moved up screen

desktop shortcuts have moved up screen: I don't know if anyone has ever had this problem but recently i switched from a 1080p tv screen to a 4k tv screen as a monitor. For a few days everything was fine until i changed a few sizing settings to get everything to a usable size. all of a sudden my shortcut icons...
  7. prevent deletion of desktop or taskbar shortcuts

prevent deletion of desktop or taskbar shortcuts: Hi. I have a Windows 10 home PC where I need to prevent users from deleting or changing shortcuts on the desktop or taskbar. I will settle for not deleting them if I am asking for too much. I have implemented an Admin Account and a standard user account. People are only...
  8. Pin simple desktop shortcut to taskbar

Pin simple desktop shortcut to taskbar: Using Windows 10, created a simple shortcut to take me to the desktop. Want to pin it to the Taskbar so I can easily get back tot he desktop at anytime. Yes I know you can click on the far right of the bar on the bottom of the screen, but as far as I can tell you have to be...
  9. desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working

desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working: Desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-taskbar-shortcuts-not-working/0a60d373-afe7-4835-86b4-b97a67c39fd8
  10. Can't move shortcuts on desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move shortcuts on desktop...: After I install an application and it creates a shortcut on the desktop, I can't move the shortcut to another position. When I try to move it, I get a small slashed circle. What's up with that? 18020

Users found this page by searching for:

1. moving shortcut from desktop to task bar windows 10

2. is there different to having programs on task bar versus shortcuts on desktop

3. how to move icon from desktop and then pin to taskbar

4. create taskbar item to desktop,
  5. moving icons from desktop,
  6. taskbar desktop shortcut,
  7. how do i move an icon to taskbar,
  8. shortcut for moving task bar across the screen,
  9. move shortcut from desktop to taskbar,
  10. move shortcut icons from taskbar to desktop windows 10