Windows 10: Moving Desktop

Discus and support Moving Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to move my desktop from the 'One Drive' in my User account to the C drive. I am wary of losing any file associations, shortcuts etc. Any advice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orealius, Jun 16, 2018.

1. orealius Win User

Moving Desktop

I want to move my desktop from the 'One Drive' in my User account to the C drive. I am wary of losing any file associations, shortcuts etc. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

:)

orealius, Jun 16, 2018

2. Move Applications Between Virtual Desktops

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Try the following steps to move applications between virtual desktops.

• Right-click on the program you want to move.

• Select “Move to”, and then select the desktop number to which you want to move the program.
    You can also, drag and drop the app of your choice to the desktop you want to add.

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 16, 2018
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jun 16, 2018
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Moving Desktop

Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

Moving Desktop

1. Moving Desktop - Similar Threads - Moving Desktop

2. I want to move my Pro Liscnese from one Desktop to Another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to move my Pro Liscnese from one Desktop to Another: I just recently upgraded my desktop to a new tower. After some research online I found that you can release the product key to, allegedly, allow one to use it on another computer. My previous build had Windows 10 Pro Installed, and I did save a copy of that product key...
  3. Windows CMD does not see Desktop when I move it around

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows CMD does not see Desktop when I move it around: on windows 10 1809, I prefer to have my Desktop folder on D:, same thing for important folders like Documents and Pictures. So I go with the file explorer to my user profile, then right click on those special folder and I locate then on D:\ However, when I use CMD with a...
  4. Windows 10: Moved User objects but now no Desktop items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Moved User objects but now no Desktop items: Tried moving my \User objects (except OneDrive) to my Data drive but due to backup issues I moved all back. However, I can’t get my Desktop items to populate and am wondering if other ‘objects’ will misbehave as well. Originally moved using location tab of object’s...
  5. How to move virtual desktops in task view back to bottom?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move virtual desktops in task view back to bottom?: W10 just forced an update on me.... Lost my font settings, lost my desktop image, and now all the virtual desktops are on top, I need them on the bottom again, there is no setting... I have a big screen and moving mouse to top is a pain in the ass... Any solution for this?...
  6. Cannot move curser of an extended desktop to the left only the right.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot move curser of an extended desktop to the left only the right.: I am running three monitors prior to today I was able to move my mouse from the center monitor to the right or to the left. I can only move my mouse from center to the right and to get to the left monitor Need help in fixing this...
  7. Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?: So I move the taskbar from the bottom to the right, because it helps me when trying to code vs playing a video game in windowed fullscreen. Normally the moved desktop icons wouldn't annoy me, because I could move the taskbar back to get them to be in the right place....
  8. Desktop files not moving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop files not moving: Hello.This has been a long problem that hasnt concerned me,but now i am very concerned as i need to move some files.I tried all the tutorials on youtube possible.Nothing works.I am afraid that there is a virus.Please help....
  9. Windows 10 home update moved my desktop folders and cant find them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home update moved my desktop folders and cant find them: Hi there, My Windows 10 home update showing me critical issues. After a current update it moved all my files and folder from desktop and I cant find them even in windows.old folder. I can see some folders from desktop and rest of them are missing. I checked in "user"...
  10. Desktop folders Move function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop folders Move function: Clicking in the title bar of any folder on the desktop shows a list of functions - Restore, Move, Size, Minimize etc. When I right click on the title bar and select Move, the Move icon appears but it's not clear what to then do with it to actually make the folder move....