Windows 10: Moving Desktop

Discus and support Moving Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to move my desktop from the 'One Drive' in my User account to the C drive. I am wary of losing any file associations, shortcuts etc. Any advice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orealius, Jun 16, 2018.

1. orealius Win User

Moving Desktop

I want to move my desktop from the 'One Drive' in my User account to the C drive. I am wary of losing any file associations, shortcuts etc. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

:)

orealius, Jun 16, 2018

2. Move Applications Between Virtual Desktops

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Try the following steps to move applications between virtual desktops.

• Right-click on the program you want to move.

• Select “Move to”, and then select the desktop number to which you want to move the program.
    You can also, drag and drop the app of your choice to the desktop you want to add.

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 16, 2018
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jun 16, 2018
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Moving Desktop

Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

Moving Desktop

1. Moving Desktop - Similar Threads - Moving Desktop

2. How do I move the OneDrive Desktop to the default desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the OneDrive Desktop to the default desktop?: I want the desktop stored on OneDrive to be my default desktop when I open Windows, then I want to get rid of OneDrive, so it doesn't keep saving additions to my desktop there.I also want to get rid of all the other desktops, as I don't need them, and don't use multiple...
  3. How do I move the OneDrive Desktop to the default desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move the OneDrive Desktop to the default desktop?: I want the desktop stored on OneDrive to be my default desktop when I open Windows, then I want to get rid of OneDrive, so it doesn't keep saving additions to my desktop there.I also want to get rid of all the other desktops, as I don't need them, and don't use multiple...
  4. How to move "Desktop" to top of Quick Access list in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move "Desktop" to top of Quick Access list in Windows 11: The link to my Desktop on Quick Access is defaulted to the bottom. Ideally, I would like this at the top, above Downloads. I can drag and move all other folders, hidden names for privacy including Downloads, but when I drag and move the Desktop, it will show it moved then...
  5. How to move "Desktop" to top of Quick Access list in Windows 11

How to move "Desktop" to top of Quick Access list in Windows 11: The link to my Desktop on Quick Access is defaulted to the bottom. Ideally, I would like this at the top, above Downloads. I can drag and move all other folders, hidden names for privacy including Downloads, but when I drag and move the Desktop, it will show it moved then...
  6. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  7. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  8. I cons on desktop moved from initial position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cons on desktop moved from initial position: Hi,recently after booting up my PC, I noticed that some of the application icons on the desktop have moved I am wondering if it is a virus or a bug of a sort I did a full scan with Microsoft Defender but all was clean. So is it a virus?Thankyou...
  9. I cons on desktop moved from initial position

I cons on desktop moved from initial position: Hi,recently after booting up my PC, I noticed that some of the application icons on the desktop have moved I am wondering if it is a virus or a bug of a sort I did a full scan with Microsoft Defender but all was clean. So is it a virus?Thankyou...
  10. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it messing around with my files? I didn't give it permission to do this and I am very upset.How do I...