Windows 10: moving document to a new program

Discus and support moving document to a new program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have windows 10. I just installed a new vinyl software program. When someone sends me a e-mail with a clip art attachment and I save it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dripster, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Dripster Win User

moving document to a new program

I have windows 10. I just installed a new vinyl software program. When someone sends me a e-mail with a clip art attachment and I save it to "documents" or "Pictures" all is good. But when I open the vinyl program and go to insert this attachment it doesn't show up. Outside the vinyl program if I open "documents or pictures it is there. What is funny about this, I've had the vinyl program installed for two weeks and I didn't have this problem until yesterday. Any suggestions or ideas?

:)

Dripster, Mar 24, 2016
  2. neilpzz Win User

Move Windows 10 Personal Folders to a separate partition on same hard drive

You use the same method as since Windows 7. Right click the folder (lets say documents) and select properties and then the tab Location. After that you will see a Move button where you can select a new location (it will move all you current files to the
    new location).

Programs will then follow the new setting for documents.

neilpzz, Mar 24, 2016
  3. Moving a Program to the SD Card

Seems like the application will only install to the phone's main memory. I've done some research and it seems that installation to the storage card is not supported.

Linley Meslier, Mar 24, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I'd be looking in that program for Options or Preferences to see where it is looking for stored files, some programs have their own defaults but usually can be changed.

Berton, Mar 24, 2016
Thema:

1. moving document to a new program - Similar Threads - moving document program

2. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  3. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  4. Moving programs to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving programs to new PC: Mods please move this if it’s not in the correct place. I’m not the most computer savvy person. I’m getting a new desktop pc and I’d like to move a couple of programs from my old Dell that’s running Windows 10 (home)64 bit to a HP that has Windows 11 (home) 64 bit. I don’t...
  5. Move programs files to new install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move programs files to new install?: Long story short, I got a new SSD, but cloning failed using lots of different methods, so clean install it was. My question is, can I use like a linux live cd/dvd(so no files are open/in use), and then just copy program files, program files(x86), program data, and app...
  6. Moving OS, Files and Programs to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving OS, Files and Programs to new SSD: Quick question, I'm on Win 10 home, build 2004. I've got an M.2 SATA III SSD that I'm getting rid of and upgrading to an M.2 NVMe SSD. Fortunately I have two M.2 slots on the motherboard, so I can use a migration tool. But I will be removing the old one and swapping the new...
  7. moving programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving programs: How can I move i.e. transfer old programs from PC to new PC. In older Wins I seem to remember that one could. I do have an external 1TB drive which has plenty of room so could copy them but it seems to be no way of copying either....
  8. Moving Documents

Moving Documents: I am trying to relocate my Documents folder to an external drive. To do this I have been going to Documents>Properties>Location and then choosing a folder on the external drive as the desired location for my Documents folder. I get the typical, "Microsoft recommends moving...
  9. move my documents to a new computer

move my documents to a new computer: how to i move my documents from my old windows 10 computer to my new windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-my-documents-to-a-new-computer/fc332e1a-7bb2-481c-b117-36502aca9549"
  10. Cannot move Documents folder to new location

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move Documents folder to new location: Short version: I'm getting an error message when I attempt to move my Documents folder to a new location (same volume):The folder can't be moved here...The filename or extension is too long (see attachment). Longer version: I want to move my Documents, Videos, and Pictures...