Windows 10: moving document to a new program

Discus and support moving document to a new program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have windows 10. I just installed a new vinyl software program. When someone sends me a e-mail with a clip art attachment and I save it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dripster, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Dripster Win User

moving document to a new program

I have windows 10. I just installed a new vinyl software program. When someone sends me a e-mail with a clip art attachment and I save it to "documents" or "Pictures" all is good. But when I open the vinyl program and go to insert this attachment it doesn't show up. Outside the vinyl program if I open "documents or pictures it is there. What is funny about this, I've had the vinyl program installed for two weeks and I didn't have this problem until yesterday. Any suggestions or ideas?

:)

Dripster, Mar 24, 2016
  2. neilpzz Win User

Move Windows 10 Personal Folders to a separate partition on same hard drive

You use the same method as since Windows 7. Right click the folder (lets say documents) and select properties and then the tab Location. After that you will see a Move button where you can select a new location (it will move all you current files to the
    new location).

Programs will then follow the new setting for documents.

neilpzz, Mar 24, 2016
  3. Moving a Program to the SD Card

Seems like the application will only install to the phone's main memory. I've done some research and it seems that installation to the storage card is not supported.

Linley Meslier, Mar 24, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I'd be looking in that program for Options or Preferences to see where it is looking for stored files, some programs have their own defaults but usually can be changed.

Berton, Mar 24, 2016
Thema:

1. moving document to a new program - Similar Threads - moving document program

2. move my documents to a new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    move my documents to a new computer: how to i move my documents from my old windows 10 computer to my new windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-my-documents-to-a-new-computer/fc332e1a-7bb2-481c-b117-36502aca9549"
  3. Moving my Documents folder

Moving my Documents folder: Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming Old location and New...
  4. Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD

Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD: Hello, Is there any way to move/clone the OS to a new SSD while keeping the programs on the HDD (and being able to still keep the previous location association with shortcuts) (example: Shortcut on desktop: Location: (HDD) C:\Users\Sam\Desktop Name: Steam Target:...
  5. Missing Programs, Features and documents.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Missing Programs, Features and documents.: Hi All, I installed windows 10 around 1 month ago, and last week when I logged into my computer, ALL my files, programs etc. where missing. I managed to find them deep in the C:, users, name, Microsoft etc under recent items and put them all back into the correct...
  6. Cannot move Documents folder to new location

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move Documents folder to new location: Short version: I'm getting an error message when I attempt to move my Documents folder to a new location (same volume):The folder can't be moved here...The filename or extension is too long (see attachment). Longer version: I want to move my Documents, Videos, and Pictures...
  7. Move but not copy Music folder into Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move but not copy Music folder into Documents: When I had Windows 7, I had literally every single thing in My Documents. Every song, every file, every tax record, every picture...literally everything. That way, when I backed up my hard drive, I just plugged in the My Passport Ultra drive, synced it with My Documents, and...
  8. Accidently moved my documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidently moved my documents folder: I was scrolling through my file explorer and I think I accidently dragged my Documents folder to the desktop folder. Now I'm not sure where it is supposed to be. When my usual scheduled backup ran, I received a message that this folder could not be backed up. The file...
  9. Cannot move documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move documents folder: I am trying to move my documents folder from the external drive I put it on before installing Win10. It looks like its going to move, then says its done but nothing has moved. Any ideas? 8188
  10. Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD: I was trying to move my libraries off of my SSD. In doing so I accidentally moved my Documents library onto my drive D: (my HDD). When I realized that it did not work the way I wanted it to I tried to reset to default, but instead of moving the Documents library back to C:...