Windows 10: Moving Documents folder from one drive to another

Discus and support Moving Documents folder from one drive to another in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,My Documents folder in located on D Drive right now but I would like to move it back onto C drive hard drive. What's the safest way to do it without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by asmoshingeki, May 14, 2021.

1. Moving Documents folder from one drive to another

Hi,My Documents folder in located on D Drive right now but I would like to move it back onto C drive hard drive. What's the safest way to do it without losing files?

:)

asmoshingeki, May 14, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 14, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 14, 2021
  4. Moving Documents folder from one drive to another

Is is possible to move the Documents and Settings to a seperate HDD

Hey all, i have my computer up and running again. I was wondering if there was a way to move the Documents and Settings Folder off of the C: drive and to a separate Hard Drive. I know you can move the My Documents folder over but i don't know if its possible to move the whole documents and settings folder?

Any Help Would be appreciated

pepsi71ocean, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Moving Documents folder from one drive to another

1. Moving Documents folder from one drive to another - Similar Threads - Moving Documents folder

2. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from one boot drive to another: So on my windows 10 PC i have 3 drives:My SSD - Which was my old main drive that was running windows and still has it Important filesJust a storage drive Important filesMy new 3TB HD - Which is running windows on it now No important filesIm trying to switch back to windows on...
  3. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Windows From One Drive To Another: I have three drives C,D & E. I want to move windows and do a clean install from C to E, but keep the files that are on D. The main reason is that C is tiny and out of space and E is faster and much larger. I don't care about preferences and applications being lost as I have...
  4. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows From One Drive To Another: I have three drives C,D & E. I want to move windows and do a clean install from C to E, but keep the files that are on D. The main reason is that C is tiny and out of space and E is faster and much larger. I don't care about preferences and applications being lost as I have...
  5. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  6. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  7. Moving Images from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Images from one folder to another folder: Hi This is a process I have done for years with no difficulties, but now issues are arising. I have 2 folders which are called folder A and Folder B. In both folders there are a number of images, some which will have the same file name, ie img_2408.jpg. I open 2 windows and...
  8. Transfer My Documents folder from an one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer My Documents folder from an one drive to another: I installed a new SSD and a new operating system on it and it has created a My Documents folder. However I have my original My Documents folder on the HDD and I'd like to transfer it over and replace the other folder with that name. Could someone explain how to do it?...
  9. Moving the documents folder to another drive but now duplicated

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving the documents folder to another drive but now duplicated: My first post - I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post in, apologies if wrong! After cloning and fitting an SSD (960GB) to my pc, I wanted to free some space up so followed the tutorial from here to move the documents folder to an empty drive (it's 400+GB in...
  10. Moving pictures from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving pictures from one folder to another: How do you open 2 folders side by side so you can drag and drop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-pictures-from-one-folder-to-another/2ea83dc2-e384-4573-90fa-cc81f140d97a"