Windows 10: Moving Downloaded Microsoft Games from a Laptop to a Desktop

Discus and support Moving Downloaded Microsoft Games from a Laptop to a Desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don’t have wifi at my house. Therefore, I download things onto my laptop at places with wifi and then transfer it to a flash drive. Then I transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Erik_______, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Moving Downloaded Microsoft Games from a Laptop to a Desktop

I don’t have wifi at my house. Therefore, I download things onto my laptop at places with wifi and then transfer it to a flash drive. Then I transfer it to my desktop. I recently bought a game (Sea of Thieves) and downloaded it onto my laptop. But sadly, unlike Steam games, it cannot be transferred to a flash drive to my desktop. Therefore I will have to somehow find a way to get my desktop to an internet location. I have no clue what to even do. This is extremely annoying that this cannot be done. One would think that if Microsoft could do it, but no they cannot. I am very disappointed in Microsoft. This feature needs to be incorporated for people with situations like mine.

:)

Erik_______, Dec 10, 2018
  2. jdz7t8 Win User

Buying a new laptop or desktop for gaming [help]

I want to buy either a new laptop or a new desktop for gaming. I want to run games smoothly and maybe even use it for some ps2 emulation. Could someone suggest either a laptop or desktop? I heard Alienware is expensive and over-rated. I was also told Sager laptops are good for gaming. I have about $1000-$1500 to spend on a new machine. Initially I was going to get a laptop but it seems like I would be able to get a more powerful desktop for the same price or less. Please advise. Please suggest a model/brand [desktop/laptop] that I could purchase because I don't think I know enough about computers to build one from scratch.

jdz7t8, Dec 10, 2018
  3. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Dec 10, 2018
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

Moving Downloaded Microsoft Games from a Laptop to a Desktop

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Moving Downloaded Microsoft Games from a Laptop to a Desktop

1. Moving Downloaded Microsoft Games from a Laptop to a Desktop - Similar Threads - Moving Downloaded Microsoft

2. Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop: I almost never move stuff from Downloads to a folder or anything else, and out of nowhere almost every file in Downloads gets moved to desktop, even games I've uninstalled completely. I don't know why it happens, and its been doing it for the past few months at random. Once I...
  3. Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop: I almost never move stuff from Downloads to a folder or anything else, and out of nowhere almost every file in Downloads gets moved to desktop, even games I've uninstalled completely. I don't know why it happens, and its been doing it for the past few months at random. Once I...
  4. Files randomly move from Downloads to Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downloading games from Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading games from Microsoft store: I am trying to reinstall 2 games and start 3 more. I says it is pending and the other 4 all say Starting Download. They have all sat like this for 4-5 hours doing nothing. I can either download them or remove them. My skills are very basic so what can I do?...
  6. Downloading game from Microsoft store

Downloading game from Microsoft store: I recently bought minecraft off of the microsoft store, but when I click the install button, it does absolutely nothing. Whn I click install on my devices, it does not list my device, even though when I go to "my devices" my computer is listed there. I have also made sure...
  7. Downloading games from Microsoft Store

Downloading games from Microsoft Store: Hello, I bought Minecraft from the Microsoft Store, but when I tried to download it, it said that I had no connected devices,does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  8. Downloading games from Microsoft Store

Downloading games from Microsoft Store: Hello, I bought minecraft from the microsoft store, but when I tried to download it, it said that I had no connected devices,does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  9. Download games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download games from microsoft store: hey guys, I have a question (duh) my band back at home is a crime, slow as hell. My GF for the other hand have a good connection. New on xbox game pass PC here and I want to know if is possible to download the games to my external HD, using my GF band but using my account,...
  10. Move Desktop to Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Desktop to Laptop: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop with a 500MB hard drive. I have installed W10 and my Office 2007 license (from years ago) was worth it and I continue using it without any problem. I need to change that machine for a laptop, more than anything to be able to move with...