Windows 10: Moving Downloads folder

Discus and support Moving Downloads folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I moved my downloads folder to my D: drive but whenever I try to delete the downloads from the C: drive it also deletes them from my D: drive. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IShyGuyI, May 17, 2022.

1. IShyGuyI Win User

Moving Downloads folder

I moved my downloads folder to my D: drive but whenever I try to delete the downloads from the C: drive it also deletes them from my D: drive. How can I fix this? Thanks

:)

IShyGuyI, May 17, 2022
  2. Ernie San Win User

moving download folder

Hello,

There are lot of possible causes why you're unable to move your downloaded folder. This may be due to corrupted profile or corrupted system files. For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue? If yes, can you tell us more about it?
    • Just to clarify, are you using the administrator access when moving the downloaded files?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, May 17, 2022
  3. spunk Win User
    Moving download folder

As the link in Post #4 suggests, you have to Move the folder using the Location tab in it's Properties. This will overwrite any files you have in the Download Folder on the Backup drive if they are the same.

Move Location of Downloads Folder in Windows 10

spunk, May 17, 2022
  4. Moving Downloads folder

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 17, 2022
Thema:

Moving Downloads folder

1. Moving Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Moving Downloads folder

2. move downloads folder to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move downloads folder to onedrive: I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder in OneDrive and instead just synced all folders in both OneDrive and Downloads except Personal Vault.Now, in Windows Explorer,...
  3. move downloads folder to onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move downloads folder to onedrive: I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder in OneDrive and instead just synced all folders in both OneDrive and Downloads except Personal Vault.Now, in Windows Explorer,...
  4. Moving Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Downloads folder: I moved my downloads folder to my D: drive but whenever I try to delete the downloads from the C: drive it also deletes them from my D: drive. How can I fix this? Thanks...
  5. Moving Downloads folder

Moving Downloads folder: I moved my downloads folder to my D: drive but whenever I try to delete the downloads from the C: drive it also deletes them from my D: drive. How can I fix this? Thanks...
  6. Download folder moved

Download folder moved: My Windows 10 Download folder has been moved to my Music folder and I need help to get it back to where it was.When I try to get access to it the following message appears.F:Downloads is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or...
  7. Download folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder moved: My Windows 10 Download folder has been moved to my Music folder and I need help to get it back to where it was.When I try to get access to it the following message appears.F:Downloads is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or...
  8. Download folder moved

9. Cannot move downloads folder

Cannot move downloads folder: Hello I just accidently changed my downloads folder to be my D drive and now I cannot change it to anything else or even restore the default location.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-move-downloads-folder/5c9890bd-11b6-4020-9907-7e8142a33197
  10. Moving download folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving download folder: Hi, I have moved the download folder (win10, 2004) from the C drive to a backup drive and now I have 2 download folders. When I delete files/folders in the original folder on C it also deletes the same files in the moved folder on the backup drive. Why is that? 159630