Windows 10: Moving EFI Partition

Discus and support Moving EFI Partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone tell me how to move EFI partition from one place to another, its just the example, but my problem is that i have C partition, after that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by konishyapl, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Moving EFI Partition

Can someone tell me how to move EFI partition from one place to another, its just the example, but my problem is that i have C partition, after that i have EFI partition, and after that i have free space, now i can't resize my C partition coz EFI partition is next one...
    Win 10, 64x

Moving EFI Partition [​IMG]

:)

konishyapl, Jan 16, 2020
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Moving EFI Partition :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Jan 16, 2020
  3. trog100 Win User
    Move EFI partition

i have a dual boot (win 10 and android tablet) it only has a 32 gig system drive with a 16 gig partition for win 10..

the 16 gig is not enough for windows updates.. i dont need or use android so i have deleted all the android partitions.. so far so good i have another 10 gigs of space on the system drive..

i created a new volume which shows up as drive D.. my idea was to merge the two partitions giving me more C drive space for win 10 so as to enable enough upgrade space..

the pic below should show my problem.. i cant merge the two partitions because there is a system EFI file in between them.. *Smile Moving EFI Partition :)

does anyone know how to move the EFI partition.. cos as yet i dont.. he he

Moving EFI Partition move-efi.jpg

google shows me other people wanting to do the same thing but no answers.. or at least none i can make much sense of.. *Smile Moving EFI Partition :)

its a teclast x89 tablet..

trog

trog100, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Moving EFI Partition

Expanding EFI partition and moving MSR partition.

I would like to install Mac Os on this device. However I am limited by the size of the EFI partition. Mac Os requires at least 200mb. I have only 100mb. So I resized the Windows partition to leave 100mb unallocated. However I can't extend the EFI partition
    because there is a MSR partition in the way. https://puu.sh/rFbsz/e52c847706.png

I know both the EFI and MSR partition and very much required partitions for proper functioning and it is better to not mess with it. But I have to get the EFI to 200mb. So how to move the MSR partition. I am pretty familiar with DISKPART or other GUI based
    partition managers.

https://puu.sh/rFbsz/e52c847706.png

Aadithye Nandakumar, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Moving EFI Partition

1. Moving EFI Partition - Similar Threads - Moving EFI Partition

2. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  3. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  4. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. can i move EFI Partitions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i move EFI Partitions?: I wanted to extend a particular partition Specifically drive C:, as I have about 80gb of unallocated space, and the C: partition is completely full, however, there is an EFI partition in the way, and as windows has no functionality with assigning two different sections of a...
  6. can i move EFI Partitions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i move EFI Partitions?: I wanted to extend a particular partition Specifically drive C:, as I have about 80gb of unallocated space, and the C: partition is completely full, however, there is an EFI partition in the way, and as windows has no functionality with assigning two different sections of a...
  7. can i move EFI Partitions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How to move EFI System Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move EFI System Partition?: I'm in a bit of a weird situation. A couple of months ago, I did a fresh install of Win10 onto a new 1TB M.2 SSD I had recently bought, wanting to use the old 500GB SATA SSD for something else. The computer runs flawlessly and boots up quickly (besides asking me which...
  9. How to "move" an EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to "move" an EFI system partition: I'd like to move a 200MiB EFI partition to the D-drive to join some unallocated space together. It's on my hard drive (D: drive) and if i don't need it at all i would like to delete it. Planning on dual booting Debian on the ~300GiB of unused space.[ATTACH]...
  10. Moving / recreating EFI partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving / recreating EFI partition: I recently upgraded my laptop with an SSD, moving my older HDD into the optical drive bay. I then installed Windows 10 from a UEFI USB (using the Windows 10 media creation tool), on my SSD (with the HDD also installed). But the problem is the EFI partition is still on my HDD,...