Windows 10: moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot figure out how to move an email to folders in Windows Mail 10. These are folders that were originally created in a Gmail account and now show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidConley622, Oct 29, 2020.

1. moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail

I cannot figure out how to move an email to folders in Windows Mail 10. These are folders that were originally created in a Gmail account and now show up under folders option. I click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the email panel, select move, and none of my folders I created show up.

When I click on 'more' under 'folders,' the folders appear. There appears to be no way to drag and drop the emails into the folders.

Don't know what else to do.

Thank you.

:)

DavidConley622, Oct 29, 2020
  2. MBKITMGR Win User

Moving emails from Windows 10 Mail App to O365 Hosted Exchange - with a caveat

Environment

• Windows 10
    • Windows 10 integrated Email app
    • Outlook 2019
    • Hosted Exchange in O365
    • A now defunt previous hosting provider
    Problem

• Moving email in from IMAP mailbox where the server is no longer present. The only copies of company emails are on the employees laptop in Windows 10 mail.
    • A clone of the Device, to allow a test, shows that when I ammend the account details it wipes the existing email.

I have a situation where a customer had an employee use the free Windows 10 mail app to access a mailbox via IMAP. The email was with a hosting provider that is no longer in business. When we open the app the emails are still there, but I haven't found
    a way to export/move/any other option of getting the emails in Windows 10 mail without the old server being available.

There are over 12 years of emails contained in the data contained on the laptop in Windows 10 mail app.

Any suggestions

Moved from Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 365 for business

MBKITMGR, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail

How to create folders in Windows 10 Mail?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to create Folders in Windows Mail app, we will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    How do I add or remove folders in Mail for Windows 10?
    and see if that helps.

You can also refer the article on
    Customize the folder list in Mail for Windows 10
    to organize the emails.

I hope the information provided by me is helpful for you.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail

1. moving email to folders in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - moving email folders

2. Windows 10 Mail app does not have the function to search for folders when moving an email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail app does not have the function to search for folders when moving an email: Hello, The issue in subject is a problem as we are using many email folders in our system hundreds!. When moving an email from the inbox to its 'destination folder', we have to go through the entire list of folders. This is a tedious ineffective way of doing that. Comparing...
  3. Accidentally moved email folder into junk mail; now all emails in folder automaticall deleted

Accidentally moved email folder into junk mail; now all emails in folder automaticall deleted: Hello,Yesterday I noticed all of the emails in a folder was deleted and then I realized this folder had been moved as a sub-folder of my junk mail! I believe the folder was purged of all emails that were older than 10 days, which was all of the emails except for a few from...
  4. windows 10 mail no emails in saved folders

windows 10 mail no emails in saved folders: Hi I have various personilize folders in my email accounts i.e. home folder and keep documents, receipts etc. But according to mail there is nothing there yet I can access them through my phone on bluemail, I have looked at preferences etc and can't find anything to alter, am...
  5. Emails disappearing when moved to folder Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emails disappearing when moved to folder Windows mail app: Emails are vanishing when moved to folders which I created but others move to the same folders without problem. Both the missing emails contained attachments. How can I see why this is happening?...
  6. How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013

How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013: We need to move/copy the emails sent from windows 10 mail stored in the hard disk of my laptop, to Outlook 2013 installed in my laptop? I am told Windows 10 mail does not have an export email option nor an archive one Please help!!...
  7. Windows 10 Mail: drag emails to folders

Windows 10 Mail: drag emails to folders: After reading my emails in my 2 accounts (personal and work) I like to select according to subject and then drag and drop into folders, which, in earlier Outlook & running Win7 were in a column on the left, visible and always available. This keeps groups of similar emails...
  8. Move emails to folder on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move emails to folder on windows 10: Hi, I want to move emails to different folders by using rules. I am good in doing on winodws 7. Need help on doing the same for windows 10. Thanks, Praveen....
  9. Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Junk Email Folder in Windows Mail: How do I set parameters for Junk Email in Windows Mail? I am getting a lot of wanted emails arbitrarily directed to my Junk folder and there seems to be no rationale whatsoever, because email from most of the same senders is arriving in my normal Inbox. This is causing me...
  10. Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail: I am setting up Windows Mail on my new Windows 10 desktop computer. I want to transfer my Windows Live emails on Windows 7 to Windows Mail on Windows 10. I have 26 folders and subfolders on the old computer. How do I do that? Thanks, cb 79288