Windows 10: Moving entire drive contents

Discus and support Moving entire drive contents in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two 1TB drives on my rig and just got a 4TB drive. im trying to find the easiest way / way with the least hassle, to move all of the contents of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Valorian_, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Moving entire drive contents

I have two 1TB drives on my rig and just got a 4TB drive. im trying to find the easiest way / way with the least hassle, to move all of the contents of each of the 1TB drives into the new 4TB drive. all of my google(ing) lead me to cloning drives, or replacing boot drives, which is not quite what im trying to do. I know I can just move it all with file explorer myself, but was just wondering if theres a better way I just dont know about

submitted by /u/Valorian_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Valorian_, Aug 22, 2020

2. Moving entire folders

You can't move a system folder. Moving the contents is easy.

• Create a sub-folder in the directory you want.
    • Open the original folder.
    • Ctrl+A will highlight all the contents of that folder.
    • Right click on it and drag to the destination folder in the left pane.
    • Release the mouse key and left click Copy Here.
    • If the move was successful, delete the contents in the original folder.

Bruce Hagen, Aug 22, 2020
  3. ELOCJ Win User
    How do i move my entire hard drive files to an external hard drive

I'm planning to move my entire hard drive data to an external hard drive but I was wondering where to look in my folders to move my entire hard drive data (including the data across other accounts I have made on this pc) to the external hard drive.

ELOCJ, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

Moving entire drive contents

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Moving entire drive contents [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Thema:

Moving entire drive contents

1. Moving entire drive contents - Similar Threads - Moving entire drive

2. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.: Bought an external hard drive to put music and photos etc onto in order to create space on my computer and had the less than brilliant idea to just move my entire user file as a sort of backup, mid transfer I'd realised I'd done something very wrong. What do I do now?...
  3. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.: Bought an external hard drive to put music and photos etc onto in order to create space on my computer and had the less than brilliant idea to just move my entire user file as a sort of backup, mid transfer I'd realised I'd done something very wrong. What do I do now?...
  4. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copying entire drive.

Copying entire drive.: I want to move my entire drive including windows 10 operating system to a new larger disk I installed,how to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-entire-drive/b555f5a3-9d07-47f2-b8b5-d28c9abb411f
  6. Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?: Hello, my main hard drive is almost full and I have noticed that the .Minecraft folder is very busy. Now I want to move the Minecraft folder to my second hard drive. Can anyone tell me how I can best do this? i've moved the minecraft folder before but then the main...
  7. Entire E drive erased

Entire E drive erased: After a restart following a small and regular windows update, my entire e drive got erased. i am not able to locate my files anywhere. how do i retrieve my files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entire-e-drive-erased/297307ad-ab9f-4b52-bde1-12adc16ceb9e
  8. Moved photo files on entire c:drive

Moved photo files on entire c:drive: So I was attempting to organize my photos after finding the PhotoMover 2.5 program and I accidentally moved every photo file on my entire c: drive to either a newly created duplicate files folder or photos folder organized by exif information! Everything is now a mess! I...
  9. File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Backup not backing entire contents of a folder: Trying to use File History both a timeline type versioning and also as a full backup. Set up new drive and turned File History on and it worked, but only partly. As one example, a folder on my computer has 61 items in folder. When I go to the backup folder on the new backup...
  10. Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory: Hi I installed Windows ADK 10 v1511 on Windows 10 v1511 Enterprise 64 bit. I typed the following commands: Code: Dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"<wim_File_Path>\install.wim" /Index:1 /ApplyDir:"<Apply_Directory_Path>" /Verify /CheckIntegrity Dism /Capture-Image...