Windows 10: Moving everything in Outlook 365 to a new computer

Discus and support Moving everything in Outlook 365 to a new computer in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have Outlook as part of Microsoft 365 and plan to buy a new computer - clean install and start over with W10, and install Microsoft 365. I have 2... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by skcusime, Dec 21, 2020.

1. skcusime Win User

Moving everything in Outlook 365 to a new computer

I have Outlook as part of Microsoft 365 and plan to buy a new computer - clean install and start over with W10, and install Microsoft 365.
    I have 2 email addresses set up, have iCloud for Windows integrated, share all appointments and calendar items with my wife's account, and have over 100 contacts stored on iCloud but used by Outlook as the default contacts list.
    How do I copy EVERYTHING I have now to a new computer, and not double up on contacts etc.
    Using 20H2 19042.685 with Office up to date.

:)

skcusime, Dec 21, 2020
  2. skcusime Win User

I have Outlook as part of Microsoft 365 and plan to buy a new computer - clean install and start over with W10, and install Microsoft 365.
    I have 2 email addresses set up, have iCloud for Windows integrated, share all appointments and calendar items with my wife's account, and have over 100 contacts stored on iCloud but used by Outlook as the default contacts list.
    How do I copy EVERYTHING I have now to a new computer, and not double up on contacts etc.
    Using 20H2 19042.685 with Office up to date.

skcusime, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Moving outlook to a new windows 10 computer

Hi,

We understand that you'd like to move all your files from the server to your new computer. For us to properly assist you, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Are you using Office 365 for Business for your server?
    • Are you planning to move all your Office and Outlook files to your new computer?
    • Is your new computer a personal computer or connected to your domain?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Moving everything in Outlook 365 to a new computer

Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Moving everything in Outlook 365 to a new computer - Similar Threads - Moving everything Outlook

2. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  3. Need help moving outlook 365 to a new machine

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need help moving outlook 365 to a new machine: Hi, I've been quite happily running Office 365 Outlook with several email accounts (addresses) on a box running Windows 10 Pro with all files on the local drive for some time. Nothing is in the cloud, which is the way I like it. I just built a new machine and would like to...
  4. 365 on new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    365 on new computer: do i have 365 now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/365-on-new-computer/0b005209-256d-44c5-8bc7-47e994f730d0
  5. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365: Why does it not open consistently in my Laptop with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/54ca03e6-fbdc-41cb-864e-42bf199b5ac9
  6. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 365: I recently installed Bulldog vpn and ever since outlook 365 will not connect. Any suggestions to rectify the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/fec9b5de-09f3-45b6-a512-2179d37d2d0e
  7. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: Is there a fix for 0x8000ccc0e ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/0f9983e9-c9d9-43de-985b-c325ab955e0f
  8. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 365: I am having a problem with Outlook 365 email not allowing me to reset up my email address that I have been using for years. The email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have tried several times to reset my email address but it will not let me...
  9. New Outlook as part of Office 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Outlook as part of Office 365: I purchased a new computer and transferred my old files and programs. I had it about a week and was ready my emails on the new system. Then I had to 'activate' the new MS Outlook (Office) to maintain the service, so I paid my subscription. Now I cannot access my email...
  10. How to move files for Outlook (Office 365)?

in Browsers and Email
    How to move files for Outlook (Office 365)?: Hi. I am trying to find alternativ to Windows Live Mail, and I have MS Office 365. In WLM I can move all emails and contacts to another destination I choose. How do I do the same for Outlook? I want offline emails and contacts to another drive so I don't overwrite them when...