Windows 10: MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

Discus and support MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two personal One Drive accounts, each on its own email address. I need to move files from one of those accounts to the other. I am downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LuAnnBoylan, Dec 4, 2018.

1. MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

I have two personal One Drive accounts, each on its own email address. I need to move files from one of those accounts to the other. I am downloading each file or folder and then copying them into the other account and it is a nightmare! I have been working on it for days and it is just taking way too long.

Does anyone know if a more efficient way to do this?

:)

LuAnnBoylan, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 4, 2018
  3. RolandJS Win User
    Was moving files to external drive, drive not recognized and lost all

After getting all back in working order, may I offer a safer-way suggestion? Instead of moving folders/files; copy them from source to target one group at a time, or one huge file at a time. If no error, do the next copy on your list. Test one or more AVI or MP4 files to ensure the probability that all is well. Then, delete the now-duplicated folders/files from the source hard-drive. I too have been "burned" now and then by a Move operation that went sour somewhere; the Biggies got copied now, "smallies" can be moved.

RolandJS, Dec 4, 2018
  4. MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

How to move files

We understand that all your files are important. You can move your files by following the steps below:

• Change to Administrator your user account to access all the folders and files on your computer.
      • On your keyboard, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
      • Under User Accounts, click Change account.
      • Click the user account you want to use.
      • Click Change the account type.
      • Select Administrator and click Change Account Type.
    • On your keyboard, press Windows key + E then click This PC and click
      Local Disk (CMOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS :)
    • Click Users and the names of your user profile will show. Select the user account you want to copy the files from.
    • Right-click and click copy.
    • After that, go to the user account you want to move your file, right-click and click Paste. Repeat the steps as needed.

Keep us posted.

Marielle Cas, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

1. MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS - Similar Threads - MOVING FILES BETWEEN

2. Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please!: Hi! My C drive is completely full and I can't use important apps I need to move some apps to D drive. I don't trust free 3rd party software and I can't find a tutorial to help me, please can someone advise me? Thank you!...
  3. Moving from two drives to one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from two drives to one: I currently have a 250gb SSD as my boot drive holds my operating system, photos, etc, and a 4TB HDD that i use for storing all of my games. I want to upgrade to a single SSD some time soon, as it makes things easier to manage, and Adobe software annoyingly cannot be...
  4. One Drive Back Up moved my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Drive Back Up moved my files: A onedrive back up moved all of my files and my short cuts from File Explorer no longer work. How do I undo this horrible action? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-back-up-moved-my-files/a49114d4-7115-4466-9a95-bdf2f228bce1
  5. one drive files

one drive files: can i delete all One Drive files all at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-files/5e5353c7-bd7a-472f-b732-f6e6219a20a6
  6. transferring files between user accounts

transferring files between user accounts: How can I transfer my files apps and files in my administrator account to the local account i use now? i have tried to copy the account but i cant because that account is an administrator account and it can't be copied to any user account. help me to solve this problem....
  7. moving files between to drives

moving files between to drives: How can I show two file folders and move files between them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-files-between-to-drives/533348dd-18dc-4584-8eea-3bc909c496ef"
  8. Can Apps/Programs be moved between drives?

Can Apps/Programs be moved between drives?: Without paying attention, I went and filled my main drive (C:) before realizing I had a secondary drive that was empty. Is it possible to simply move large apps or programs from one drive to the other or do I need to uninstall/reinstall them?...
  9. Move a Copy of a Picture to One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Move a Copy of a Picture to One Drive: Hello everyone. I can't figure out how I can move a copy of a picture that's on my PC to OneDrive while keeping the original on my PC. The only way I can see is to move the picture to OneDrive but that moves it off my PC. I have some pictures that I want to keep in both...
  10. The relationship between My Documents and One Drive

The relationship between My Documents and One Drive: Hello, I recently started using one drive on my new laptop because I believe its a great idea to back up all my data with minimal effort my end. Things have been going great for the most part. My only gripe with how it all works is what I will detail here. See the problem...