Windows 10: MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

Discus and support MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two personal One Drive accounts, each on its own email address. I need to move files from one of those accounts to the other. I am downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LuAnnBoylan, Dec 4, 2018.

1. MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

I have two personal One Drive accounts, each on its own email address. I need to move files from one of those accounts to the other. I am downloading each file or folder and then copying them into the other account and it is a nightmare! I have been working on it for days and it is just taking way too long.

Does anyone know if a more efficient way to do this?

:)

LuAnnBoylan, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 4, 2018
  3. RolandJS Win User
    Was moving files to external drive, drive not recognized and lost all

After getting all back in working order, may I offer a safer-way suggestion? Instead of moving folders/files; copy them from source to target one group at a time, or one huge file at a time. If no error, do the next copy on your list. Test one or more AVI or MP4 files to ensure the probability that all is well. Then, delete the now-duplicated folders/files from the source hard-drive. I too have been "burned" now and then by a Move operation that went sour somewhere; the Biggies got copied now, "smallies" can be moved.

RolandJS, Dec 4, 2018
  4. MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

How to move files

We understand that all your files are important. You can move your files by following the steps below:

• Change to Administrator your user account to access all the folders and files on your computer.
      • On your keyboard, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
      • Under User Accounts, click Change account.
      • Click the user account you want to use.
      • Click Change the account type.
      • Select Administrator and click Change Account Type.
    • On your keyboard, press Windows key + E then click This PC and click
      Local Disk (CMOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS :)
    • Click Users and the names of your user profile will show. Select the user account you want to copy the files from.
    • Right-click and click copy.
    • After that, go to the user account you want to move your file, right-click and click Paste. Repeat the steps as needed.

Keep us posted.

Marielle Cas, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

1. MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS - Similar Threads - MOVING FILES BETWEEN

2. moving one drive account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moving one drive account: I have been using a onedrive account from work and want to know how to move the files from the corporate onedrive account to a personal onedrive account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-one-drive-account/df2dbe05-88c7-4cc2-ab80-a02a828737cf
  3. moving one drive account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving one drive account: I have been using a onedrive account from work and want to know how to move the files from the corporate onedrive account to a personal onedrive account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-one-drive-account/df2dbe05-88c7-4cc2-ab80-a02a828737cf
  4. moving one drive account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Moving files to One Drive

Moving files to One Drive: I need to free up space on my C drive and I wish to delete several files, mainly videos, without deleting them from my OneDrive account. There is supposed to be a "Free up space" option on File Explorer but it is not on mine. Thank you...
  6. Moving files to One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files to One Drive: I need to free up space on my C drive and I wish to delete several files, mainly videos, without deleting them from my OneDrive account. There is supposed to be a "Free up space" option on File Explorer but it is not on mine. Thank you...
  7. Moving files to One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. recovering files moved to one drive

recovering files moved to one drive: So i wanted to move a folder of photos from my one laptop to another. I moved the folder to my one drive but it did not upload because i was not signed in. Before i signed in i deleted the queued folder of photos because i did not want it to start downloading as soon as i...
  9. One drive collaboration between two accounts

One drive collaboration between two accounts: Hello, Is there a way to have the same folder on two desktops on two different computers and one drive accounts to be updated in real-time through one drive?...
  10. moving files between to drives

moving files between to drives: How can I show two file folders and move files between them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-files-between-to-drives/533348dd-18dc-4584-8eea-3bc909c496ef"