Windows 10: moving files between to drives

Discus and support moving files between to drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I show two file folders and move files between them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KennethShuman, Feb 3, 2020.

1. moving files between to drives

How can I show two file folders and move files between them?

:)

KennethShuman, Feb 3, 2020
  2. RolandJS Win User

Was moving files to external drive, drive not recognized and lost all

After getting all back in working order, may I offer a safer-way suggestion? Instead of moving folders/files; copy them from source to target one group at a time, or one huge file at a time. If no error, do the next copy on your list. Test one or more AVI or MP4 files to ensure the probability that all is well. Then, delete the now-duplicated folders/files from the source hard-drive. I too have been "burned" now and then by a Move operation that went sour somewhere; the Biggies got copied now, "smallies" can be moved.

RolandJS, Feb 3, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Was moving files to external drive, drive not recognized and lost all

Also for moving large files/folders, I like to use a file syncing program like FreeFileSync, even if I am just got to move the files once and not keep them synced.

NavyLCDR, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

moving files between to drives

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

moving files between to drives

1. moving files between to drives - Similar Threads - moving files between

2. General Venting - Move OS between drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    General Venting - Move OS between drives: Desktop PC's live in a world of change and expansion. Here we are at Windows 11 and Microsoft still has not provided a way to migrate the OS from one drive to another without either cloning the entire drive image or reinstalling from scratch which means now all 60+ programs...
  3. General Venting - Move OS between drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    General Venting - Move OS between drives: Desktop PC's live in a world of change and expansion. Here we are at Windows 11 and Microsoft still has not provided a way to migrate the OS from one drive to another without either cloning the entire drive image or reinstalling from scratch which means now all 60+ programs...
  4. General Venting - Move OS between drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why can't I move apps between drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I move apps between drives?: I recently set myself up a second hard drive as I needed to free up my C drive before it got too crowded to run windows. I've done all the set up, and I can see both drives in my pc, however when I try and move apps through the 'Apps and features' part of windows, I get two...
  6. Why can't I move apps between drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I move apps between drives?: I recently set myself up a second hard drive as I needed to free up my C drive before it got too crowded to run windows. I've done all the set up, and I can see both drives in my pc, however when I try and move apps through the 'Apps and features' part of windows, I get two...
  7. Moving Documents/Pictures/etc folders between drives

Moving Documents/Pictures/etc folders between drives: I've recently got a new laptop with SSD and HDD. When the laptop arrived, all the user library folders such as Documents, Pictures etc were set up to be on the C: drive SSD, all linked to OneDrive. I wanted to move them on the the HDD, which is something I've managed fine on...
  8. Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please!

Moving Apps Between Drives - Help Please!: Hi! My C drive is completely full and I can't use important apps I need to move some apps to D drive. I don't trust free 3rd party software and I can't find a tutorial to help me, please can someone advise me? Thank you!...
  9. Can Apps/Programs be moved between drives?

Can Apps/Programs be moved between drives?: Without paying attention, I went and filled my main drive (C:) before realizing I had a secondary drive that was empty. Is it possible to simply move large apps or programs from one drive to the other or do I need to uninstall/reinstall them?...
  10. MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS: I have two personal One Drive accounts, each on its own email address. I need to move files from one of those accounts to the other. I am downloading each file or folder and then copying them into the other account and it is a nightmare! I have been working on it for days and...