Windows 10: Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC

Discus and support Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an external hard drive where I moved all of my mac photos to. I now have a PC with windows 10, but I can't find a way to save the photos onto my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Molly M 11, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC

I have an external hard drive where I moved all of my mac photos to. I now have a PC with windows 10, but I can't find a way to save the photos onto my computer. The hard drive is recognized in disk management, but does not appear under devices. I would like to format it to my PC WITHOUT losing my photos. Help!

:)

Molly M 11, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

How to use Mac formatted external hard drive on Windows?

Hi,

Since the external hard drive was formatted for Mac and the only way you can access it is by using a third party tool, we suggest contacting Apple support to further assist you.

Thanks.

Paola Gar, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC

Old Mac formatted photo files need to be opened on my PC.

The files themselves are jpeg, tiff, or psd, but the external drive itself was formatted for Mac. When I set up the external drive it asked whether
    to format for Mac or PC. When I attach the External Drive to my PC, the icons for the files showed up on the screen but when I click to open the file
    is "not readable". When I took it to a shop, the guy saw the icons on the PC screen and assumed it was ok I guess.

George Edwards, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC

1. Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC - Similar Threads - Moving files Mac

2. Moving Mac format files from external hard drive to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Mac format files from external hard drive to Windows 11: I'm looking for a way to retrieve my Mac photos on my external hard drive to my new Windows 11 pc.I have 9,000 plus photos . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-mac-format-files-from-external-hard-drive/742d0293-3abf-4c53-bbe5-fb871ca58d8a
  3. Moving Mac format files from external hard drive to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Mac format files from external hard drive to Windows 11: I'm looking for a way to retrieve my Mac photos on my external hard drive to my new Windows 11 pc.I have 9,000 plus photos . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-mac-format-files-from-external-hard-drive/742d0293-3abf-4c53-bbe5-fb871ca58d8a
  4. External Hard Drive Format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Format: Good day everyone. I'm having difficulties with formatting my external hard drive. For the past 2-3 days, I've been trying to format it. It started acting up after sending 2 files of about 5gb each, I transferred these files at night, then the following day, it doesn't show...
  5. help with deleting mac files from external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help with deleting mac files from external hard drive: Help!! how can i delete old mac backups from a divided external hard drive so I can free up space/repartition for pc backups? submitted by /u/farmboy1234567 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb64oy/help_with_deleting_mac_files_from_external_hard/
  6. Move files to an external hard drive

Move files to an external hard drive: i want to move pictured from my computers hard drive to an external hard drive via a usb port. When I right click and copy and go to past... I cant find the usc hard drive option to past to? thanks...
  7. Format external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Format external hard drive: I’d like to format an external hard drive in windows 10. Please, give me instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-external-hard-drive/ceefbfcb-e153-43f1-aa11-66086963ac41"
  8. Format external hard drive

Format external hard drive: I’d like to format an external hard drive in windows 10. Please, give me instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-external-hard-drive/78657fa9-d525-422d-a53a-44d4f459d0b4"
  9. Formatting External hard drive

Formatting External hard drive: Hi, I'm trying to reformat an external hard drive I own, when I go to disk management and right click the drive their is no format option. Not like it is grayed out and cannot click on it, it just isn't there. Anyone have any suggestions?...
  10. Format external hard drive

Format external hard drive: I’d like to format an external hard drive in windows 10. Please, give me instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-external-hard-drive/676453e3-53ed-4bef-9bdc-b6aa6e9d8ccd"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. moving all files from mac to pc hard drive format issue

2. moving files from Mac to pc mac files not showing on external hard drive

3. moving hd from mac to pc

4. moving external harddrive from mac to pc,
  5. how to move contents form external hard drive that was formatted,
  6. moving files from mac to windows on external,
  7. how to move files from a windows formated external hard drive to a mc formatted external hard drive,
  8. move files from hard drive mac formated to pc,
  9. moving data from windows external hard drive to a mac