Windows 10: Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

Discus and support Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have an SSD (Drive C:) with limited storage so I moved my Onedrive folder into another storage drive (Drive F:), is there a way I can now move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by simmyjiff, May 3, 2019.

1. simmyjiff Win User

Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

Hi,
    I have an SSD (Drive CMoving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location. :) with limited storage so I moved my Onedrive folder into another storage drive (Drive FMoving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location. :), is there a way I can now move folders from another Internal Dive (Drive DMoving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location. :) to the Onedrive location?
    Thanks
    Jim

:)

simmyjiff, May 3, 2019

2. OneDrive File/Folder location

Yes, followed the MS instructions. Everything looked OK till today when I noticed the "Shadow" OneDrive folder on the system drive (Its old location)

TheOldPuterMan

The Old Puter Man, May 3, 2019
  3. OneDrive File/Folder location

Shawn Thanks for the rapid rtesponse,

It's opening the one in its new location (F:\OneDrive) BUT I did a compare on the two folders and they are identical. I've modified a couple of spreadsheets today and the date/time stamp is identical on both copies of the file, the one on F: and the one
    in the original location on my system drive.

The need to relocate the OneDrive folder was that I want my music, that's on the F: drive to be uploaded to OneDrive and the system drive did not have space to hold it all. it's 325gb+/-.

When I transferred OneDrive I shut it all down. Them I MOVED the OneDrive folder from the system drive to F: After that, I MOVEd the Music folder to be a sub-folder under OneDrive. That simply renamed the files and no data movement was involved. I then restarted
    OneDrive and when allowed gave the new location of OneDrive, which was on F: Everything seemed fine until I ran a utility checking for duplicate files....

TheOldPuterMan

4. Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

Move Library Folders to OneDrive

I seem to have a basic misunderstanding of the process to move folders to OneDrive.

I've followed all the directions that I've found and can't seem to get the locations moved.

When I attempt to select a new location it simply keeps coming back to the "New Location" prompt.

I'm trying to move Documents, Downloads, Music... etc. to My OneDrive folder, which is on a different physical drive. Just need a simple step-by-step lol

Thanks,

TheOldPuterMan

Thema:

Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

1. Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location. - Similar Threads - Moving files internal

2. How to move windows 11 from the original internal drive to a new internal drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move windows 11 from the original internal drive to a new internal drive: I have a quick question. How do I move where Windows 11 is and boots from, from the original drive to a new drive? I have no idea what to try. I tried to use some programs to do it like easeus but I did not realize you needed to pay to move Windows 11. Anyone able to help?...
  3. How to move windows 11 from the original internal drive to a new internal drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move windows 11 from the original internal drive to a new internal drive: I have a quick question. How do I move where Windows 11 is and boots from, from the original drive to a new drive? I have no idea what to try. I tried to use some programs to do it like easeus but I did not realize you needed to pay to move Windows 11. Anyone able to help?...
  4. Move Onedrive location in file explorer to below This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Move Onedrive location in file explorer to below This PC: Version: Windows 20H2 (19042.746) Hi people, I've been following tutorials online about changing the files listed on the This PC view with registry editor I've removed quick access and network for example, and the system libraries. I do uni work on the OneDrive, but I...
  5. Lost files while moving from Samsung phone internal storage to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost files while moving from Samsung phone internal storage to Onedrive: Hi guys. Can anyone help me? PLEASE. I was moving files using my samsung phone from its internal storage to my Onedrive. In the middle of the transfer, i think the wifi get lost and the move was interrupted. I cancelled the move and I restart my phone. When I check my phone's...
  6. Trouble moving default folder locations from OneDrive to C drive

Trouble moving default folder locations from OneDrive to C drive: Hi there, brand new laptop with Windows 10 automatically set OneDrive as default location for my user profile and documents. Unlinked PC from OneDrive, and most of my default folders now point to C drive, but Documents and Pictures still point to OneDrive. Have tried...
  7. Moving files from OneDrive to PC Drive

Moving files from OneDrive to PC Drive: i need to move my many photos from OneDrive Windows 10 to my PC drive to free up cloud space, as I've exceeded my limit. I don't want to lose my photos when i delete them from cloud....
  8. Finding and Moving multiple folders from one location to other location in the drive

Finding and Moving multiple folders from one location to other location in the drive: I have 1000s of sub-folders in a main folder, from which I have to select some 100s of sub-folders not in sequence- random copy and paste them to another location in my system. I am using windows 2010. Presently, I am selecting individual sub-folders manually and creating...
  9. Unable to move location of OneDrive

Unable to move location of OneDrive: Dear Sir - I have previously asked this question but not received any assistance. On starting my computer, OneDrive failed to find the folders on my sceondary hard drive. I have removed everything from the computer and tried to reinstall OneDrive but it will not allow me to...
  10. Double user folders after moving to location on other drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Double user folders after moving to location on other drive: On my wife's PC with Windows 10 home most of the location of the user folders such as Documents, Downloads, etc. had to be moved to folders on another drive since the SSD C:\ drive filled up too much. I used the option available in Windows by opening the folder properties...