Windows 10: Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

Discus and support Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have an SSD (Drive C:) with limited storage so I moved my Onedrive folder into another storage drive (Drive F:), is there a way I can now move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by simmyjiff, May 3, 2019.

1. simmyjiff Win User

Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

Hi,
    I have an SSD (Drive CMoving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location. :) with limited storage so I moved my Onedrive folder into another storage drive (Drive FMoving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location. :), is there a way I can now move folders from another Internal Dive (Drive DMoving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location. :) to the Onedrive location?
    Thanks
    Jim

:)

simmyjiff, May 3, 2019

2. OneDrive File/Folder location

Yes, followed the MS instructions. Everything looked OK till today when I noticed the "Shadow" OneDrive folder on the system drive (Its old location)

TheOldPuterMan

The Old Puter Man, May 3, 2019
  3. OneDrive File/Folder location

Shawn Thanks for the rapid rtesponse,

It's opening the one in its new location (F:\OneDrive) BUT I did a compare on the two folders and they are identical. I've modified a couple of spreadsheets today and the date/time stamp is identical on both copies of the file, the one on F: and the one
    in the original location on my system drive.

The need to relocate the OneDrive folder was that I want my music, that's on the F: drive to be uploaded to OneDrive and the system drive did not have space to hold it all. it's 325gb+/-.

When I transferred OneDrive I shut it all down. Them I MOVED the OneDrive folder from the system drive to F: After that, I MOVEd the Music folder to be a sub-folder under OneDrive. That simply renamed the files and no data movement was involved. I then restarted
    OneDrive and when allowed gave the new location of OneDrive, which was on F: Everything seemed fine until I ran a utility checking for duplicate files....

TheOldPuterMan

4. Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

Move Library Folders to OneDrive

I seem to have a basic misunderstanding of the process to move folders to OneDrive.

I've followed all the directions that I've found and can't seem to get the locations moved.

When I attempt to select a new location it simply keeps coming back to the "New Location" prompt.

I'm trying to move Documents, Downloads, Music... etc. to My OneDrive folder, which is on a different physical drive. Just need a simple step-by-step lol

Thanks,

TheOldPuterMan

Thema:

Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

1. Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location. - Similar Threads - Moving files internal

2. OneDrive Files Sync'd but not showing on OneDrive Live from other machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Files Sync'd but not showing on OneDrive Live from other machines: I have sync'd my OneDrive files, and I was able to get to them from my work computer. I used this feature to move files back and forth. Now, I can no longer see my OneDrive files using either Chrome, Edge, or IE. I see just "Files." If I drag/drop a file, it does come across...
  3. How to move pictures from File Explorer to OneDrive?

How to move pictures from File Explorer to OneDrive?: [Win10; MS Outlook; Google Chrome;] Hello, I uploaded to my computer a bunch of pictures from my Nikkon digital camera, which landed in one of the folders in File Explorer. How to move them to a new folder under OneDrive? I created the new folder under OneDrive and tried...
  4. How do I move files from OneDrive to a local or remote drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I move files from OneDrive to a local or remote drive?: My OneDrive is almost full and I can't seem to find the option to move files out or to copy then delete. How do I fee up my OneDrive storage? 124473
  5. Onedrive moving files.

Onedrive moving files.: Onedrive has moved my documents, desktop and pictures from my PC to Onedrive. I prefer not doing this. Is there a way to change the option where I can use Onedrive as a back-up only and keep my files on my PC?...
  6. Onedrive moving my files

Onedrive moving my files: I'm new to window and having trouble with onedrive. I've looked at the settings for Onedrive and can't figure out how to arrange what I want: Store my files locally Have Onedrive copy and back up my local files without interfering with...
  7. Move OneDrive to another drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move OneDrive to another drive?: I have bought a pc with a 64GB eMMC drive but have OneDrive set up to keep files (mostly photos) locally as well as on the Cloud, which uses a lot of disk space. Can I just move the OneDrive folder to an installed 128GB SD card?...
  8. Double user folders after moving to location on other drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Double user folders after moving to location on other drive: On my wife's PC with Windows 10 home most of the location of the user folders such as Documents, Downloads, etc. had to be moved to folders on another drive since the SSD C:\ drive filled up too much. I used the option available in Windows by opening the folder properties...
  9. moving music/docs files to the new save drive location

in Windows 10 Support
    moving music/docs files to the new save drive location: Hi all, I have recently changed the drive for my "save location" as it was getting a little full. The new drive is in place OK and new music/docs etc are now stored on the newly allocated hard drive. I do still need to move some files from the old "data" drive but I can't...
  10. Moving Folder Locations from SSD onto D Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Folder Locations from SSD onto D Drive: So i moved my documents, pictures, videos, and music folders from my ssd to my D drive. This is the process i followed: right click folder, click properties, click the location tab, click move, select the D drive, click ok. What I failed to do, was create a NEW folder...