Windows 10: moving files from windows 10 to external storage drive

Discus and support moving files from windows 10 to external storage drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Im trying to move some files onto an external storage drive from my windows 10 laptop but the device will not show up with my files at all. It shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BleachBoi, Sep 22, 2018.

1. BleachBoi Win User

moving files from windows 10 to external storage drive

Im trying to move some files onto an external storage drive from my windows 10 laptop but the device will not show up with my files at all. It shows up in my settings proving it is there and working with my laptop but I don't know how else to move things onto it from my Windows 10 laptop

:)

BleachBoi, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 22, 2018
  4. JanaDyck Win User

move files from my C drive to an external hard drive.

what steps do I take to move files from my C drive to an external hard drive. My C drive is almost full.

JanaDyck, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. moving files from windows 10 to external storage drive - Similar Threads - moving files external

2. Moving files from one drive to an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files from one drive to an external drive: I'd like instructions as how to move files from one drive to an external hard drive? I have several files and need to get them out of one drive because some of my files won't open in some of my software if they're in the cloud....
  3. Moving files from one drive to an external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving files from one drive to an external drive: I'd like instructions as how to move files from one drive to an external hard drive? I have several files and need to get them out of one drive because some of my files won't open in some of my software if they're in the cloud....
  4. Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage: So I have installed a lot of game on my computer, and I just installed Starwars: Squadrons days ago. Keep in mind that its file size is 31.? GB.Normally if I knew that this would almost maximize my file space of 237 GB, I would have averted this problem. So of course I try to...
  5. Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage: So I have installed a lot of game on my computer, and I just installed Starwars: Squadrons days ago. Keep in mind that its file size is 31.? GB.Normally if I knew that this would almost maximize my file space of 237 GB, I would have averted this problem. So of course I try to...
  6. Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Moving files from external drive to card files lost

Moving files from external drive to card files lost: I was moving two folders from my external drive to a card for permanent storage. The first folder transferred properly; the second only shows one file out of 35 or 40 was successfully moved. The remainder have vanished; they are not on the card and the external drive isn't...
  8. Files moved from C: drive to external drive

Files moved from C: drive to external drive: H! My 13-year-old decided to make space on the computer by dragging files from the c: drive to an external drive. Now all the file paths are messed up. I don't know what he moved from where exactly and I don't want to just drag things back and make things worse. We are not...
  9. Move files to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move files to an external hard drive: i want to move pictured from my computers hard drive to an external hard drive via a usb port. When I right click and copy and go to past... I cant find the usc hard drive option to past to? thanks...
  10. Moving files from laptop to external drive

Moving files from laptop to external drive: I'm trying to free up space on my computer and am not sure how to safely move files from my laptop to my external drive. And then what do do to free up the space I need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move files to external storage

2. move files to external storage windows 10

3. how to move files from phone storage to external storage

4. moving files to external drive windows,
  5. moving your files onto external storage,
  6. move folder from hard drive to external drive windows 10,
  7. move files to external storage on windows,
  8. how to move files to external storage on windows 10,
  9. moving storage windows 10