Windows 10: Moving files to cloud storage?

Discus and support Moving files to cloud storage? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hey guys, I sound dumb for asking this has stupidly I never backed up files until recently onto cloud (until my hard drive failed with pictures I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by anthrax2471, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Moving files to cloud storage?

Hey guys, I sound dumb for asking this has stupidly I never backed up files until recently onto cloud (until my hard drive failed with pictures I can't get back)

Can I move files/software to windows cloud and delete them off my hard drive to free up some space?

Thanks guys,

:)

anthrax2471, Feb 11, 2018

2. OneDrive asks me to choose folders after every time I boot

I did solve it but only with rather drastic action.

I moved the local copy of all my cloud docs to a temporary folder. I deleted the local original copy (files and folders). I deleted all files and folders from the remote cloud itself. I then moved the temporary docs back into the local cloud folders and
    let the sync upload everything again to the cloud. Once that finished, everything went back to working correctly.

Hope that helps.

AndrewStoneUK, Feb 11, 2018
  3. aakkam22 Win User
    Windows 10 - Where are my 7 years worth of photos!

@MarkInKent also makes a very good point. Have you thought about Cloud services for file storage?

The tech world has moved on from the days of external drives, dual boots, and flash drives. Now we're on cloud backups, virtual machines, and cloud transfers.

aakkam22, Feb 11, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Moving files to cloud storage?

You have 3 options simply save your files to the ondrive folder on your hd. download google drive app and save your files there or 3 buy other storage. when you save files to ondrive etc they are upload straight away one drive removes them from your hd and downloads them again when needed. for photos use google photos you have unlimted storage on there i have 86,000 backed up

Samuria, Feb 11, 2018
  5. I've heard bad things about Google drive since the update, so I can use the onedrive has intended above? and I don't want to spend more money I haven't got on my Pc lol.

anthrax2471, Feb 11, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    I have used google for years no problems it has 2 things google drive you get 15 gigs and photos which is unlimited and you can view on any device anywhere in the world and all free

Samuria, Feb 11, 2018
  7. RolandJS Win User
    Concerning having only one copy of a number of files on the Cloud -- what if it rains?
    (Meaning, what happens if the Cloud suddenly develops problems and/or suffers data loss?)
    While the Cloud backup is great, I recommend having an external HD for a backup of your backup.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Moving files to cloud storage?

1. Moving files to cloud storage? - Similar Threads - Moving files cloud

2. OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud: I basically just lost a ton of files, I reboot, gets a couple new prompts I click past - which I presumed was yet another update which is why I didn't bother to read it closely.Fortunately I just reinstalled and have a backup of most files, so I have a backup. But I did loose...
  3. OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive moved all my files to the cloud: I basically just lost a ton of files, I reboot, gets a couple new prompts I click past - which I presumed was yet another update which is why I didn't bother to read it closely.Fortunately I just reinstalled and have a backup of most files, so I have a backup. But I did loose...
  4. Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage: So I have installed a lot of game on my computer, and I just installed Starwars: Squadrons days ago. Keep in mind that its file size is 31.? GB.Normally if I knew that this would almost maximize my file space of 237 GB, I would have averted this problem. So of course I try to...
  5. Missing cloud storage files

Missing cloud storage files: I had MS Office on my old computer which burned in a house fire along with all passwords and records. I have a new laptop and have MS Office but haven't been able to locate my old files....
  6. cloud storage

cloud storage: I have saved my documents onto a cloud from my Android Samsung Galaxy S9 phone. Can I get access to my documents on my Cloud storage using my Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-storage/628faa21-e24b-48c6-b1fc-6cc41c95cc8d
  7. Cloud Storage

Cloud Storage: Recently my computer died, with a considerable amount of data in the cloud! On replacing said computer, I have used backups to get some of the data back. But, the new cloud access (peter/onedrive) is different from the old one (pjesOnedrive (still there)) and my everyday...
  8. is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?

is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?: is OneDrive storage in the Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-onedrive-storage-in-the-cloud/1b36ebfd-10ed-444a-82f2-1b4bc44cc7dd
  9. How is that cloud storage?

How is that cloud storage?: Hello, I need help with the storage of the cloud, some education is good for me. I have heard and read that I can store information through my mail or something similar....
  10. Cloud storage use

Cloud storage use: Morning all, welcome to the weekend! Curious, do you use cloud storage, the likes of Box, Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive? If so, why do you use a particular one? I would like to use OneDrive. Alas, in the past, using it has seem rather slow (data transfers, along with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. moving files to the cloud corporate