Windows 10: moving files to different folders in photos

Discus and support moving files to different folders in photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When organizing photo files, windows denies ability to move or rename, says file is not available, does not exist. the file is still there, but does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joan EMartin, Sep 15, 2020.

1. moving files to different folders in photos

When organizing photo files, windows denies ability to move or rename, says file is not available, does not exist. the file is still there, but does not display. I have to reboot. The computer stalls on reboot and close. I have to hold the start button down & computer closes. After rebooting, new file name is used and files are moved.

:)

Joan EMartin, Sep 15, 2020

2. can't move photos into folders?

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• Are you trying to create folder in photo app?
    • Did you logged in as administrator user?

If you are referring to photo app as of now there is no option of Folder view in Photo app, but you can store the folders in the Albums. Album stores the photos in the form of folders. The images which are uploaded
    in the form of folders can be viewed in the albums in the photo app.

I would suggest you to follow the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/copy-move-files

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Photos saving to a different folder

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide
    you with better assistance.

• Which application you are using for editing photos?
    • Are you logged in as administrator account?
    • The folder where the saved file move, does that folder too have that photo previously?
    I would you to set picture library as default and then see if it helps you to fix the issue. Refer to the steps provided below to restore it to default.

• Press Windows key + Q.
    • Type Libraries in the search box.
    • Right click on Pictures, Select
      properties.
    • Click on Restore Defaults.
    • Click Apply and then OK.

Do get back to us with all these information and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 15, 2020
  4. moving files to different folders in photos

moving photos from folder to folder in file explorer

Open the window containing the photos you want to move.

Open another window, navigating to location where you want to move the move.

Put then side by side.

Select the images in the photos folder, drag and drop them into the folder.

Repeat this step for other folders or locations where you would like put other photos.

You can also select the photos, under the Home tab, click Move, scroll to the bottom then click Move.

Here is a guide for help:

Windows 10 Tip: Manage Files and Folders with File ... - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-10-fil...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

moving files to different folders in photos

1. moving files to different folders in photos - Similar Threads - moving files different

2. File Explorer/Photos: How to move favorite photos into a different folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer/Photos: How to move favorite photos into a different folder in File Explorer: I am going through thousands of photos in File Explorer and would love to be able to quickly mark my favorite photos so I can move them into a different folder. When I click on a photo to view it, it takes me into Photos, where I can mark a photo as a favorite. I can then...
  3. Moving files/folders

Moving files/folders: Hello.I have been trying to move folders from C drive to my extended storage device D. i have followed the instructions given on a different forum, i right clicked on the folder, went to properties and then i wanted to search for location tab but i couldn't find it. only tabs...
  4. Moving files/folders to different drive issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving files/folders to different drive issue: I regulary have reason to copy files and folders from one HDD to another, and have a strong preference for them being moved, not copied. Since reinstalling Windows a few weeks ago, however, I am unable to do so. I am presently running 10 Home 10.0.18363. I have attempted to...
  5. moving files in a folder

moving files in a folder: I'm trying to move files pictures around in a folder. In windows 7 I could just move them via the mouse. I've tried cutting & pasting but nothing happens. Any ideas?...
  6. Moving file/folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving file/folders: I have a Predator gaming laptop I added a 4tb external drive because I was running out of internal drive space, I have it set so that everything possible will go to that drive. Problem is that while some things load to that drive, addon or mods download to a different folder...
  7. Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER

Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER: Purely for personal organizational preferences, I want to move the "iCloud Photos" folder from MS Windows "Pictures" folder to a a subfolder under "Pictures," where I am attempting to centralize and accumulate the various files and folders that deal with web based storage and...
  8. Moving images to a different folder

Moving images to a different folder: Please advise how to move several images (Pictures) from an existing folder, in which they have been inadvertently placed, to the correct existing folder. Many thanks RayTJ...
  9. Moving photo folders in File Explorer

Moving photo folders in File Explorer: In File Explorer I’d like to move folders from Photos to Photo gallery and vice verse. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photo-folders-in-file-explorer/aabe0ce8-27f0-46a8-9a2b-efdd3c837713"
  10. moving photos in a folder

moving photos in a folder: how does one rearranging photos in a windows 10 folders ? I could do it in vista.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photos-in-a-folder/d3fbc004-3dd2-4bba-8ac2-4b185f8de5f6"