Windows 10: Moving files to iCloud Drive

Discus and support Moving files to iCloud Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running out of space on the 256GB SSD on my laptop running Win 10 Home. I tried to move some rarely used files to my iCloud account using iCloud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David Peterman Sr., Aug 10, 2019.

1. Moving files to iCloud Drive

I am running out of space on the 256GB SSD on my laptop running Win 10 Home.

I tried to move some rarely used files to my iCloud account using iCloud Drive but the space stays used on the SSD drive as shown in iCloud Drive folder. This does not happen on my friend's MACBook Pro. Is there a way to move files on Win 10 system to iCloud without their remaining on the SSD?

:)

David Peterman Sr., Aug 10, 2019
  2. JustinWuB Win User

How to move the iCloud icon out of the local drive list

I installed iCloud on my Windows 10 machine and the iCloud icon is displayed in the local drive list. It's too annoying*Sad*Sad*Sad How can I remove the icon out of the drive list. Thanks!

Moving files to iCloud Drive [​IMG]

JustinWuB, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! Moving files to iCloud Drive :)

justinmreina, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Moving files to iCloud Drive

Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files

On windows 10

Files (folders, word, excel pdf ect) that are added to icloud drive folder from the Win 10 PC will not upload to apple server or sync to apple devices

Similarly files added from a mac or apple device do not sync back to Windows 10 PC

Photos, calendar, reminders all sync normally

Everything is up to date (windows & Icloud), tried signing in and out of icloud for windows, etc, disabled Norton, all the obvious things are ok

Called Apple, called Norton, all is good on there end

Even stranger, after signing out of icloud, deleting files off pc, and signing back in the files from icloud download to the pc just fine populating a up to date file list, but once the files are in the PC are alter or added to they will not sync as described
    above

Anyone else experiencing this

KevinRedding, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Moving files to iCloud Drive

1. Moving files to iCloud Drive - Similar Threads - Moving files iCloud

2. iCloud drive not activating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud drive not activating: When I installed the iCloud app everything seemed to be fine until I had to recover some files from it and decided to activate the icloud DRIVE. To do it i need to click on a button which says activation and choose a file directory to decide where to put the cloud. Once i did...
  3. iCloud drive not activating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iCloud drive not activating: When I installed the iCloud app everything seemed to be fine until I had to recover some files from it and decided to activate the icloud DRIVE. To do it i need to click on a button which says activation and choose a file directory to decide where to put the cloud. Once i did...
  4. Icloud drive not enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud drive not enabled: I've spent several hours trying to get icloud drive working on a new windows 11 home 22H2, fully patched as of 13th June. The version of icloud is 14.2.96.0 downloaded from the Microsoft store today.Icloud appears to install ok and it appears in the collapsed section on the...
  5. Icloud drive not enabled

Icloud drive not enabled: I've spent several hours trying to get icloud drive working on a new windows 11 home 22H2, fully patched as of 13th June. The version of icloud is 14.2.96.0 downloaded from the Microsoft store today.Icloud appears to install ok and it appears in the collapsed section on the...
  6. Moving files to One Drive

Moving files to One Drive: I need to free up space on my C drive and I wish to delete several files, mainly videos, without deleting them from my OneDrive account. There is supposed to be a "Free up space" option on File Explorer but it is not on mine. Thank you...
  7. icloud drive and bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icloud drive and bitlocker: Hi, If I turn on bitlocker for a drive can icloud drive be used on it? Many thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-drive-and-bitlocker/151ed8ca-76d1-453b-a4be-3d24ddfaa1b5"
  8. Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER: Purely for personal organizational preferences, I want to move the "iCloud Photos" folder from MS Windows "Pictures" folder to a a subfolder under "Pictures," where I am attempting to centralize and accumulate the various files and folders that deal with web based storage and...
  9. Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icloud Drive for windows not syncing files: On windows 10 Files (folders, word, excel pdf ect) that are added to icloud drive folder from the Win 10 PC will not upload to apple server or sync to apple devices Similarly files added from a mac or apple device do not sync back to Windows 10 PC Photos, calendar,...
  10. How to move the iCloud icon out of the local drive list

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move the iCloud icon out of the local drive list: I installed iCloud on my Windows 10 machine and the iCloud icon is displayed in the local drive list. It's too annoying*Sad*Sad*Sad How can I remove the icon out of the drive list. Thanks! [img] 84930

Users found this page by searching for:

1. moving icloud drive to new location

2. how to move icloud drive to another drive in windows