Windows 10: moving files

Discus and support moving files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 4 drives and one is filling up fast, how do I move files from one drive to another! For example, drive c is filling and drive e is empty! I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maaate, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Maaate Win User

moving files

I have 4 drives and one is filling up fast, how do I move files from one drive to another! For example, drive c is filling and drive e is empty! I do not know how to stop files that I save from ending up on C!! Not very computer savvy!

:)

Maaate, Aug 13, 2019

2. How to move files

We understand that all your files are important. You can move your files by following the steps below:

• Change to Administrator your user account to access all the folders and files on your computer.
      • On your keyboard, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
      • Under User Accounts, click Change account.
      • Click the user account you want to use.
      • Click Change the account type.
      • Select Administrator and click Change Account Type.
    • On your keyboard, press Windows key + E then click This PC and click
      Local Disk (Cmoving files :)
    • Click Users and the names of your user profile will show. Select the user account you want to copy the files from.
    • Right-click and click copy.
    • After that, go to the user account you want to move your file, right-click and click Paste. Repeat the steps as needed.

Keep us posted.

Marielle Cas, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

moving files

Move offline files Win X

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the folder that you want to redirect, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Location tab, and then click
      Move.
    • Browse to the location where you want to redirect this folder. You can select another location on this computer, another drive attached to this computer, or another computer on the network. To find a network location, type
      two backslashes (\\) into the address bar followed by the name of the location where you want to redirect the folder (for example, \\mylaptop), and then press Enter.
    • Click the folder where you want to store the files, click
      Select Folder, and then click OK.
    • In the dialog that appears, click Yes to move all the files to the new location.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

moving files

1. moving files - Similar Threads - moving files

2. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  3. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  4. Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another: To explain briefly the process i´ve been following, i changed an old computer´s hdd to a new ssd, then i tried to move all the personal files from the hdd to the new sdd connecting the old hdd to another computer and transfering the files over ftp to the computer with the new...
  5. Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another: To explain briefly the process i´ve been following, i changed an old computer´s hdd to a new ssd, then i tried to move all the personal files from the hdd to the new sdd connecting the old hdd to another computer and transfering the files over ftp to the computer with the new...
  6. Office files corrupted after moving from one computer to another

7. How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?: I installed Ubuntu through WSL is the virtualisation tool. And I want to move some files from the memory partition is controlled by Windows to the partition is controlled by Ubuntu. I tried to do it through Bash using thesudo cp <lc_disk>:\\<dir_with_files>\\<file.txt>...
  8. How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?

How can I move files from the Windows partition to the WSL one?: I installed Ubuntu through WSL is the virtualisation tool. And I want to move some files from the memory partition is controlled by Windows to the partition is controlled by Ubuntu. I tried to do it through Bash using thesudo cp <lc_disk>:\\<dir_with_files>\\<file.txt>...
  9. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  10. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...