Windows 10: Moving focus in macro created in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

Discus and support Moving focus in macro created in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I been creating macros using the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. The macros work great, but there's one thing I can't get the macro to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nathan Pease, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Moving focus in macro created in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

Recently I been creating macros using the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. The macros work great, but there's one thing I can't get the macro to do: Move focus from one cell to another.

I'm working in a spreadsheet which requires me to double-click on a cell to open it [the application is PastPerfect 5]. I have created a macro that does the following:

1- double clicks the cell to open it,

2- Ctrl + A to select all

3- Ctrl + C to copy the contents of one cell.

What I would like to do is have the focus move to the next cell beside it, double-click to open it, and then paste the contents into the new cell. So at the end of the copy operation in the macro, I then add the special key "insert right arrow" in order to move the cursor focus to the next cell. However, when I add a double-click in order to open the new cell, theoriginal cell is opened rather than the new cell that I have moved to.

When I watch the macro do its work...

1- I can see the first cell open

2- I see it select all

3- it copies the data

4- and I can see the highlight of the cell move to the next cell on the right.

5- it double-clicks to open the new cell, but it always opens the original cell rather than the new cell.

Although the highlighting of the cell shows the movement from one cell to another, the actual cursor focus does not appear to move. The highlighting moves; the focus does not.

Instead of using the special key "insert right arrow", I have also used the special key "insert mouse move right". I get the same results with that. The focus doesn't appear to move even the highlighting of the cell does.

I have noticed that the macros often need a delay between different steps, but I haven't had any success with adding a delay between the movement and the double-click to open the new cell.

Because I can't get the focus to move, I have instead created a second macro for the paste component. So I move the mouse cursor to the original cell, click the Thumb Forward Button to perform the macro that copies the data. And then I manually move the cursor to the new cell and click once. I then click the Thumb Read Button to initiate the paste macro. It works well, but I would prefer to have just one macro perform the entire sequence.

Can anyone suggest how to move the actual focus from cell to cell? And what is the difference between "insert right arrow" and "insert mouse move right"?

Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

Nathan Pease, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to create macros for Mouse movements?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you want to create macros for mouse movements. However, we would like to know the make and model of the mouse that you are using.

If you are using a Microsoft mouse, you can download the
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center
    to assign macros. Kindly refer the suggestions from the article

How do I create macros?

However, we do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to creating Macros for Mouse, let me point you in the right direction, where you may get further assistance, if the issue persists. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have
    support professionals to address your query.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 15, 2020
  3. vp23432 Win User
    Microsoft mouse and keyboard center with macro the home key fails

In Microsoft mouse and keyboard center when I did a macro and tried record the home key fail. I have Windows 10 Home 1809 and Microsoft mouse and keyboard center 12.181.137.0 but it is a failure that I repeat at many computers with many mouses and so.

My actual mouse:

Device Name(Device Name),Serial Number(Serial Number),Firmware Version(Firmware Version),PID/VID,Color ID(Color ID)

Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Mouse (Mouse and Keyboard Center),Unknown,Unknown,0x045E/0x0745,0x0,

Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (Mouse and Keyboard Center),Unknown,Unknown,0x045E/0x0745,,

vp23432, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Moving focus in macro created in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

Mouse and keyboard center macros take ages for first run

Hi David,

I understand your concern, I’ll be glad to assists you. I suggest you to clear the
    FilterKeys and check if it helps.

• Type Ease of Access Center in the search box.
    • Select make the keyboard easier to use.
    • Click to clear Turn on Filter Keys, or adjust the settings to a quicker rate.
    • Close the Window.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to remove and re add the macros.

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/support/how-to/keyboard/macros

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Moving focus in macro created in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

1. Moving focus in macro created in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center - Similar Threads - Moving focus macro

2. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Macros not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Macros not working in Windows 11: I just bought a Windows 11 PC to replace my old Windows 10 PC. I was in the process of installing all of my apps and configuring them on Windows 11 just as I had in Win 10. So far, everything has worked that I tried as before in Win 10, but when I ran a macro with the button...
  3. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Macros not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Macros not working in Windows 11: I just bought a Windows 11 PC to replace my old Windows 10 PC. I was in the process of installing all of my apps and configuring them on Windows 11 just as I had in Win 10. So far, everything has worked that I tried as before in Win 10, but when I ran a macro with the button...
  4. Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center - Macro Creation using the Windows Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center - Macro Creation using the Windows Command: I regularly use a Mixed Reality Headset and I have the Sidewinder X6 Keyboard. I want to program a "Win+Y" macro command to switch between Desktop and MRH mode. The software doesn't take the Windows Command in Macro creation. I try the "insert special key" function, it adds...
  5. Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center - Macro Creation using the Windows Command

Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center - Macro Creation using the Windows Command: I regularly use a Mixed Reality Headset and I have the Sidewinder X6 Keyboard. I want to program a "Win+Y" macro command to switch between Desktop and MRH mode. The software doesn't take the Windows Command in Macro creation. I try the "insert special key" function, it adds...
  6. Where is Mouse & Keyboard Center 14 Macro Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is Mouse & Keyboard Center 14 Macro Location: Hello, I had to reinstall my Windows 10 and I just reinstalled the latest version of Mouse and Keyboard Center MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_14.41.exe. However my macros are not showing. My old macros still exist under "Documents\Microsoft Hardware\Macros". Why isn't it using...
  7. Where is Mouse & Keyboard Center 14 Macro Location

Where is Mouse & Keyboard Center 14 Macro Location: Hello, I had to reinstall my Windows 10 and I just reinstalled the latest version of Mouse and Keyboard Center MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_14.41.exe. However my macros are not showing. My old macros still exist under "Documents\Microsoft Hardware\Macros". Why isn't it using...
  8. Where is Mouse & Keyboard Center 14 Macro Location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center - Macro recorder in other apps

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center - Macro recorder in other apps: Hi This didn't fit in any other categories so I put it here. I've just received a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 as a birthday gift and after finding out that there was the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and I found out that there was a macro recorder embedded...
  10. Microsoft mouse and keyboard center with macro the home key fails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft mouse and keyboard center with macro the home key fails: In Microsoft mouse and keyboard center when I did a macro and tried record the home key fail. I have Windows 10 Home 1809 and Microsoft mouse and keyboard center 12.181.137.0 but it is a failure that I repeat at many computers with many mouses and so. My actual mouse:...