Windows 10: Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive

Discus and support Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a laptop and a PC and an external hard drive, I want to use my external drive on both, I already used it on my PC and many of my PC programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SomeSanikBoi, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive

So I have a laptop and a PC and an external hard drive, I want to use my external drive on both, I already used it on my PC and many of my PC programs are on there and I would like to move all of the PC folders and files into one big "My PC stuff" folder and I'll have all of my laptop stuff be in a big "My laptop stuff" folder. The problem is, I know that manually moving your programs' folders and files from one drive to another is a problem and they might not work properly, and I think it's also the same for moving your programs' folders or files from one directory to another and so with all that in mind, would it be safe and ok for me to move all of my PC stuff on my external drive to one big "My PC stuff folder" on that same external drive?

submitted by /u/SomeSanikBoi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SomeSanikBoi, Jul 18, 2020
  2. scopio Win User

Moving Public Folder to another drive

I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space.
    The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files in the
    C:\Users\Public\SongPro5 folder and does not give the option to be installed software
    on another drive.
    I have searched the web if and how the Public folder can be moved to another drive and found that it can be done using the following steps;

1. COPY (don’t MOVE) the C:\USERS\PUBLIC folder to a different disk or partition
    2. Click the START button and type REGEDIT (not case sensitive) and press enter
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > PROFILE LIST
    4. Double click on PUBLIC
    5. Correct the path
    6. Reboot the PC
    7. Go to C:\USERS\PUBLIC and delete everything
    Can someone here please confirm if the SongPro software is installed in C:\Users\Programs File (x86) (the SSD) and the path Public\SongPro5 folder moved to another folder will work?

Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive [​IMG]

scopio, Jul 18, 2020
  3. I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive

I want to move the Program Files to another hard drive but I only want to move the folders not the actual main Program Files folder.

Will doing so screw up my system?

Jaydan

HHHOME_jharvey, Jul 18, 2020
  4. scopio Win User

Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive

Steps ro rake to move Users folders to another drive

Hi @daysaver0228,

I'm also an AOP and moving all data folders from an SSD to an HDD is not that difficult and worth the move especially with smaller capacity SSDs as to leave space for Windows Updates, Restore Points and the such.

I have inserted a link for a step by step on how I moved all my Users data folders to another drive. Hope this will help you do the same.

Relocate user data files to another drive.docx

A word of warning;
    To move the OneDrive folder is a completely different method to moving the data files!!!

scopio, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive

1. Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive - Similar Threads - Moving folder program

2. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving desktop folder to another drive: Hi all. I have just had to reinstall windoes due booting problems. I want to move desktop, documents folders etc to another drive. I know how to do it right click, properties, location, move but the issue I have is that I already have these folders on another drive due to the...
  3. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving desktop folder to another drive: Hi all. I have just had to reinstall windoes due booting problems. I want to move desktop, documents folders etc to another drive. I know how to do it right click, properties, location, move but the issue I have is that I already have these folders on another drive due to the...
  4. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving Folders to Another Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Folders to Another Drive: I wanted to move some folders to another drive and found this article, https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-move-your-default-data-folders-to-a-different-drive/#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20move%2C%20open,new%20location%20for%20that%20folder.I followed the steps to move...
  6. Move appdata folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move appdata folder to another drive: I was wondering if it was possible to move the appdata folder to a drive different from c, since I have a small ssd and I want to free up some space. I've red that changing its path could break some programs so I wanted to know what do you think about it and if you know other...
  7. How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive: A tech guy loaded some files from my Win7 to my new Win10 home. He also put my old Pictures, Documents folders in the following path: c:\Users\(name)\One Drive\ ..... We don't want or will ever use OneDrive. More importantly Acronis won't back up anything on OneDrive when...
  8. How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive: A tech guy loaded some files from my Win7 to my new Win10 home. He also put my old Pictures, Documents folders in the following path: c:\Users\(name)\One Drive\ ..... We don't want or will ever use OneDrive. More importantly Acronis won't back up anything on OneDrive when...
  9. Moving Public Folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Public Folder to another drive: I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space. The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files...
  10. How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive: Hello Peepz My first post so hello to all. I have a windows 10 pc (x64) hence me joining the community ;-) I have a samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD ( C Drive ) & a Seagate FireCuda SSHD 1TB ( D drive ) I'm in a predicament where my kids play a lot of games on the PC, Fortnite being...