Windows 10: moving folders one level up

Discus and support moving folders one level up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hie, am trying to create a back up for Zotero library, am having challenges moving one level up in file directory to access the Zotero library on win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pascoe83, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Pascoe83 Win User

moving folders one level up

hie, am trying to create a back up for Zotero library, am having challenges moving one level up in file directory to access the Zotero library on win 10

:)

Pascoe83, Nov 14, 2018

2. Moving to Folders

Hello Krishnan,

Let's work on this. You can follow the steps provided below to help move photos and videos on a new folder:

• Swipe left and select File Explorer app.
    • Choose the folder where the photos and videos are saved.
    • Select the items you want to move.
    • Press the Move button.
    • You can create a New folder by pressing the Ellipsis (. . .) button or you can press the
      Up button located at the right side corner of the screen to move the items to an existing folder.
    • Tap Check or Done button when finished.

We're here if you need further assistance.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 14, 2018
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Rose Cal Win User

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. moving folders one level up - Similar Threads - moving folders level

2. Windows 11 "One Folder up Level" button missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "One Folder up Level" button missing: I have recently upgraded to win 11, and the looks are phenomenal I must say. but the thing is, my menu bar has the back and forward button, but it does not have the Folder up button. which I am quite used to. On a quick search, I found that I am the only one having this...
  3. Windows 11 "One Folder up Level" button missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "One Folder up Level" button missing: I have recently upgraded to win 11, and the looks are phenomenal I must say. but the thing is, my menu bar has the back and forward button, but it does not have the Folder up button. which I am quite used to. On a quick search, I found that I am the only one having this...
  4. How to copy or move a folder too "deep"19 levels

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy or move a folder too "deep"19 levels: On one Windows 10 computer, I have a folder with 19 levels of subfolders this is a Genealogy file. This folder is functional, opens and closes, etc. The only drawback of the multileveled structure is minimal: somewhere below the 15th level, I cannot rename the file. I'd like...
  5. How to copy or move a folder too "deep"19 levels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy or move a folder too "deep"19 levels: On one Windows 10 computer, I have a folder with 19 levels of subfolders this is a Genealogy file. This folder is functional, opens and closes, etc. The only drawback of the multileveled structure is minimal: somewhere below the 15th level, I cannot rename the file. I'd like...
  6. How to copy or move a folder too "deep"19 levels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Need to move files from multiple folders to multiple same level folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to move files from multiple folders to multiple same level folder: We have a file structure like thisTop level Folder--CustomerName-----Inbox-----Outbox-----Archive--CustomerName-----Inbox-----Outbox-----Archive--CustomerName-----Inbox-----Outbox-----Archiverepeat 500 times. I want to move all files older than 1 year from the inbox and...
  8. win 10 moving subdirectories up one level

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 moving subdirectories up one level: I have the following directory structure: c:/maindirectory/level1/level2 subdirectories level1 and level2 each have lots of large files, I want to keep all those files but end up with c::/maindirectory holding all of them. I can accomplish my goal by doing lots of copying,...
  9. Moving Images from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Images from one folder to another folder: Hi This is a process I have done for years with no difficulties, but now issues are arising. I have 2 folders which are called folder A and Folder B. In both folders there are a number of images, some which will have the same file name, ie img_2408.jpg. I open 2 windows and...
  10. how to move contents of many folders to one folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to move contents of many folders to one folder?: Is there any way to move/copy just the contents that are in many folders on winders just to one folder that is on another drive? submitted by /u/man_wif-waluigi-hed [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get help on moving folders from one level to another